Chapter 9

Angeliques P.O.V.

     Looking up at Carter, I only have four little words going through my head. WHAT. IS. GOING. ON. Here I thought we would be a normal little couple, well as normal as you can get by dating a wolf. Is this even normal? Is any of this normal? Is all of this normal? What is normal anymore? This is too much!

       "Carter! What's going on!" I demanded more than asked.

       "Angelique look not right now just-"

      "No! Don't you dare tell me to wait! I want to know what's going on and I want to know now!" I demanded again.

      "Look! I'm not telling you right now! And if you don't like it than you can leave!" He yelled at me.

       I couldn't stop the hurt that washed over me. I quickly wiped it away and said, "Fine, if that's what you really want I'll leave. Bye Carter."

     I didn't wait for him to say anything before I ran out the door. To say that hurt would be an understatement. It feels like someone ripped my heart out. That was just by him yelling at me! Imagine if he were to do something worse! Can I handle all of this? I don't - want are those footsteps I hear? I stopped and turned around to look, but no one was there. I must be hallucinating. You're tired that's all Angelique. Look the house is right there you'll be able to fall asleep in like five minutes. Man I must be going crazy to be talking to myself. Just be crazy and finish talking to yourself. Where was I? Oh yeah- wait I hear footsteps again! Should I look again? No! What would I do ask who's there! People on movies do that and end up dead! Just start speed walking. Only a couple more minutes and I'll be at my house. Everything will be-

    "Ahh! What the hell! Oww! Yeah that hurt! Damn it! I think I'm bleeding!"

    What did I trip over? Don't think stupid questions right now! Just get up and go home. From there you can clean yourself up and check yourself out. Great, there I go talking to myself again. Whatever. On the count of three get up. Ready... One... Two... Three...

      "Arg! Well I'm gonna be sore in the morning."

      Figuring I couldn't just stand here all night I started hobbling away.

      "Where do you think you're going?" A voice asked from behind me.

    I knew it was too good to be true. I wouldn't just be able to get up and leave without something happening. Without turning around I said "I'm going home so if you would let me I must be going."

   I started hobbling even faster, but before I could even get five steps away someone stepped in front of me, stopping me from going any further. Looking up I saw a beautiful face. It was a woman. Not what I was expecting but oh well. She was really pretty. She had no acne, porcelain skin, and blonde hair. She was about 5'8 and looked like she weighed no more than 110 pounds. What stood out most about her was that she had red eyes. A high voice brought me out of my trance.

      "No you're not. You're going with me."

      "Wait... What do you mean?"

    "I meant what I said. Do I need to slow it down for you? You. are. not. going. home. You. are. coming. with. me. Was that slow enough for you?"

     "Are you crazy! Who are you!"

     "Well you're Carter's mate. Isn't that right." She stated rather than questioned.

        What do I do? She looks mean so lying can't hurt? Maybe if I lie she won't do anything? Hopefully?

         "Well are you gonna answer me or stand there looking stupid all night?"

      "Right. Ummm... N-oo we're not mates I-I don't even know a Carter?" I tried to make it sound like a statement but in all reality it came out as a question.

     "Cut the crap. You and I both know you're his mate." She seethed at me.

     Well I was caught. Might as well the most put of it.

     "Well yeah, but it's obvious you already knew that. Now what do you want?"

     "Let's just say Carter owes my family and he's going to pay whether he likes it or not."

    She started walking towards me smiling evily. What should I do? Run for it? I could probably make it, but she's standing in my way. Run back to Carter's? What if he's still mad? What should I do? I honestly don't know, but what I do know is standing here and having an argument with myself isn't going to help. Making up my mind I started running back towards Carter's house. Wouldn't you guess it. I tripped and fell. Just my luck! This is it. This is the end. Just as I looked up she was on the floor. But how? I looked around frantically and saw a sandy colored wolf? I'm pretty sure it's a wolf. He's on top of her. This was my chance to get away and I knew it but my body didn't move an inch. I just sat and watched. Watched this wolf tear her apart. Finally it was over and this wolf went into the trees. At least I thought it was over until I heard bones cracking. Emerging from the trees was a shirtless Carter. He walked over to the destroyed girl, lit a match and set her on fire.

       "What, what are you doing!" I screamed hysterically.

     He started walking towards me.

      "No! Don't come any closer! What's going on! Who was she! What did she want from! Why did you light her on fire!"

      "Angelique, calm down."

       "No! Don't you dare tell me to calm down! I want you to give me answers! Now!"

       He was looking at me challenging. There was no way I'd be backing down. Finally he threw his hands you in defeat.

       "Fine, come with me. I'll explain everything, but not here."

        "Why not here?"

      "It's not safe. Just come and I'll explain."

    "Lead the way."

*Authors Note*

Well I know it's been a while since I updated, and I'm sorry. I know I said I was gonna update yesterday but at least I updated right? Anyways it's Spring Break! I'll be updating more hopefully! How do you like the story? What do you thinks going on? Let me know.(: Don't forget to vote and comment.(: Okay bye.✌