Chapter 6

Carter's P.O.V.:

     "Okay now listen Angelique, just let me explain the story and then you can ask questions at the end." I said warily.

     All she did was nod. Okay well once I say this there really is no going back. Hopefully she won't freak out..... too much.

      "Well have you heard those stories about wolves, vampires, mermaids, and all those mythical creatures?" She just nodded her head, "They're all true. All those fairy tales you heard as a kids, any you can think of, are all true."

       I looked at her, and as expected she looked shocked. I just continued.

        "Our world is supposed to be kept a secret from humans. No one is supposed to know, unless you get bitten by a vampire, get caught in some witch business, see a mermaid, or if you're a wolves mate."

      To say the least she looked pretty confused. She really was adorable. There still is a chance she will accept me.

      "There's more to the story, but I can tell you another time. Who knows maybe you might be able to figure out some of it by yourself. Also by the look on your face I can tell you have some questions, so ask away." I just smirked at her.

       "Well to start, how can fairy tales be real? They're called tales for a reason!" She yelled at me kind of freaked out.

        "Don't freak out. That's the last thing I want you to be. Okay? Now just breathe in and out in and out slowly. Okay?" I told her trying to calm down.

       She did as I said and she looked better than before. She wasn't as shaky.

        "Better?"

         "Better."

        " Okay, like I said before we try to be kept a secret. It wouldn't be safe for people."

       "Okay I get that, but how do I fit in to all of this? I'm sure I haven't met any mythical creatures, but you -" She stopped mid sentence realizing something. She knew it. She at least figured it out.

       "So I'm someone's mate?"

       "Yeah."

       "Do I know this person?"

       "Yeah."

      "Is this person you?"

       "Yeah."

       "Well what is a mate exactly?"

      "A mate is someone who project their mate with their life. Nothing and no one can come between the two. Mates can feel exactly what the other is feeling. Since you're human you can't, but since I'm a future alpha it helps you to feel some of my emotions. Or at least I hope."

       "Well that actually does explain a lot, but what's a alpha?"

       "An alpha is the leader of a pack, and my father is the alpha of our pack along with his Luna."

      "Who and what is a Luna?"

       "A Luna is the alphas mate, and since my dad's the alpha, my mom is the Luna."

        "If the alpha runs the pack, what does the Luna do?"

        "Well the Luna is someone who is warm and kindhearted. They aren't selfish, and help to keep everything in order."

        "Wow and are they the only ones who run everything?"

       "What? No. Jesse's dad, Issac, is my dad's beta, which means he's second in command. His wife Jessica is the beta female and helps my mom."

        "Oh and they all live here?"

      "Yeah, me, my mom and dad and little brother and sister. So does Jesse and his mom and dad and twin little sisters Hayley and Emily. Oh Kasey and her little brother Mason and mom and dad live here too."

        "So everyone lives here then?"

      "No just the alpha and his family, beta and his family, and the pack doctor and his family. Kasey dad is the pack doctor. Everyone else lives near the pack house. They merchant to because we have all our pack meetings here."

        "Okay. So can werewolves date people who aren't their mates?"

       "They can, but it would hurt both mates in the end. Or if you date someone before you find your mate your boyfriend/girlfriend will get hurt and your mate will be hurt. So it usually doesn't happen."

      "So does that mean Kasey and Jesse are mates since they're together?"

     "Yes, yes they are."

    "Okay and what happens if someone says they don't want to be mates?"

    "Then they reject their mates and you feel empty. You feel dead because the one person who is supposed to love you unconditionally doesn't want you."

    "So if I were to say I didn't want to be your mate you would feel dead?"

    My heart dropped and my face turned ghost white. Is She saying what I think she's saying? Does She not want to be mates? She what have noticed my worrying because She quickly said

      "No no don't worry! I'm not saying I don't want to be your mate. I just wanted to know if you would feel that way if I said I didn't."

       "Oh well Yeah." I said while my cheeks went red.

        "Okay, and I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm just all new to this."

         "Don't be sorry. You can always ask me anything."

         I looked at her and smiled. I grabbed her hands and looked her on the eyes.

        "So does this mean that you'll be my mate?" I asked hopefully.

       "Hmm well I guess!" She said sarcastically.

       She did her cute little giggle that drives me crazy. She wants to be my mate! She actually does! Okay no more wasting time. With that I leaned in and kissed her. Her lips were so soft! I wrapped my hands around her waist, while she played with my hair. It was short and simple, but an amazing effective kiss. As we pulled away we heard a couple of awes. I looked you to see Kasey and Jesse standing in the doorway. Angelique started blushing and hid in my chest.

         "So I'm guessing you told her for real now?" Jesse asked smirking.

       "Well Yeah." I told him, but why are they here? I thought I told them to leave?

      "Hey guys not to be mean, but is there a reason you two are here?"

     "Oh yeah. Your dad wants you to see you in his office. The both of you." Kasey said.

       "Oh Okay thanks guys."

       They walked out of the room and left me and Angelique alone.

       "Are you scared?" I asked her.

       "Should I be?" She asked back.

      "No, not ofcourse not." I told her.

Let's hope She shouldn't be.

*Authors note*

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I have an excuse! My sister is at bootcamp for the airforce So Ive been busy raising money to go to her graduation.(: Christmas break starts next week! That means I'll be updating more! Since I'll be driving to Texas next week I'll be writing the whole way there too! So hopefully it'll be a lot of updates considering it's a 18 hour drive. but Yeah other than that! I hope you liked the chapter! what do YOU think is going to happen? Id love to know your thoughts! So vote comment what you thought! and share this story of you like it.(: Oh and let me know what you think of the story So far! Okay bye!

Stay Cloudy!(: