Chapter 4

Carter's P.O.V.:

I couldn't help but stare at her; She looked so perfect. She has stunning green eyes, and long brown hair that I would love to run my fingers through. She's pretty tall, but no where near my 6'4 statute. She smells like strawberries; An intoxicating scent. She smells human, not wolf. If she's human she can't feel what I'm feeling. She could reject me and not even be affected in the end like I would be. Just----

   I was taken out of my thoughts by her angelic voice.

    "So are we going to class or?" She asked me seeming annoyed.

     Why is she annoyed? Did I do something wrong? How? I only started talking to her. Again I was brought out of my thoughts by her coughing.

     "Oh, yeah follow me." I told her.

      Okay now I need to find out what's bothering her. I'll just take the long way to class; That'll give me about an extra ten minutes. Now I just need to make small talk and see where that will take me.

       "So.... You're new here?" I asked even though it was pretty obvious.

        "No I've always lived here but no one knew about me because I'm really good at being hidden." She said sarcastically.

         "Okay? Well, do you like it here?" I asked.

         "Yeah. It was going great until I met you." She said. She said the last part really low. If it wasn't for my wolf hearing I would've missed it.

         "Okay, I'm sorry, but did I do something wrong? It seems like you don't like me." I told her.

         "What? Oh I'm sorry! I didn't want it to seem like that! I want it to be known." She said sarcastically.

        Damn this girl is really sarcastic. Why does she not like me? If she doesn't like me I wouldn't be able to get close to her. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to tell her about is being mates! She would laugh in my face!

        "Why?" The question to the answer that I really need.

        "Well if you really want to know, I guess there's no harm in telling you. I've already have heard about you. You're the big bad player at this school. I don't like players. Why? Simple. I've dealt with players before and they're all heartless. They are simply all the same. So that is why I do not like you." She told me.

         I saw hurt in her eyes, but why? She said She had to deal with players before. Was she played? She must have been. My little mate was hurt and I couldn't help her! She doesn't like me because She thinks I'm like those jerks! I can't have that! I mean I wouldn't hurt her! I couldn't! That would kill me! I got an idea!

       "What if I told you I wasn't a player." I told her.

        She laughed at me and said "Funny. That's what they all say."

        I stopped her and looked her in the eye, "No, I swear I'm not. Let me show you. Please."

        "Why do you care so much of what I think?" She asked.

        "Just please?" I sorta begged. If any of the guys were to see me like this they would make fun of me. They won't realize what a mate does to you until they see it for themselves.

        "Fine, but only because you don't seem like the type to stop asking after someone says no." She said.

        "Great! Let's go!" I grabbed her hand and instantly felt sparks.