Chapter 5

"The truth is.... I can't tell you yet. It's just, not the right time. I'm sorry. I really am." He said choosing his words carefully.

    I looked up at him. His eyes were filled with sorrow? But why? He's the one who doesn't want to tell me? So why is he sorry?

   "But why?" I asked.

   "I want to tell you. Believe me I really do. I-I just can't. If it only involved me I would, but it involves way too many people. I can't tell you until you're ready to know." He looked down as he said this.

      What does he mean until I'm ready? How big is this secret? Everyone? What does this even mean?

      "Ok-okay. I understand I-I guess." I said still slightly confused.

    "Okay thank you." He said.

    "But promise me something?" I said trying to sound confident.

    "Ofcourse! Anyth- I mean, yeah what is it?" He said trying to not sound eager.

     "Promise me that as soon as you can you'll tell me everything? Please?" I told him with the little hope I have left.

     "I promise you that right when the time comes I'll tell you." He told me while smiling.

       Okay so maybe, just maybe I was a little wrong about him. Oh who am I kidding. I got him all wrong. He really is sweet and kind after all. He isn't a jerk. So lesson learned; Don't judge a book by its cover. Want to know what's really weird? I feel safe with him. I mean when I'm near him I feel like nothing can hurt me. I can't shake the fact that I feel something pulling me to him. It's like I belong to him and my body knows it. What does this even mean? Do I like him? I can't like him though can I? I literally met like five hours ago. Not to mention I pretty much hated the guy before a few hours ago. And it's not that he's ugly. Hes pretty good looking. He has the perfect jaw line and amazing chiseled features. His eyes, wow his eyes, are bluer than any ocean I've ever seen before. That says a lot since I used to live next to a beach, and would go to a different one almost every weekend. And-

       "Umm, Angelique. Are you okay?" He asked me pulling me out of my trance.

      "What? Uh-uh y-yeah I am. Why do you ask?" I said trying to sound as normal as possible. Emphasis on trying.

      "Really? Because you've been literally staring at me for the past five minutes." He said smirking at me.

     I scowled at him.

     "Hmm. Don't you get all happy now. I wasn't looking at you. I was simply thinking." I told him as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

     "Oh really. What were you thinking of? Me perhaps?" He said smirking again.

     Oh how I would love to wipe that smirk off of his face.

    "No. What would give you that crazy idea?" I lied with ease.

    "Oh I don't know. Maybe, The perfect jaw line, and his eyes, wow his eyes are bluer than any ocean I've seen." He said chuckling.

      My jaw dropped. No it literally dropped.

       "Wha-what! You heard that? Heh-heh. Uh-uh y-yeah do-dont worry. I-it wasn't, I-I mean not what y-you think. No, I-I mean never-nevermind." I stuttered out searching for words.

       My face was already heating up. It's probably redder than a tomato! Wow that's just really embarrassing. I hid my face behind a cushion on the couch. Great! So now he knows I might have a crush on him. This is just perfect! Hope you enjoyed my sarcasm.