Chapter 2

Lost Lake Woods, Mi. (real place, I looked it up) is a really small town. Everyone seems to know everyone here. How fun going to a place where you know no one, but they all know eachother. Can you tell there's sarcasm in my voice? Looking out the window all I see are big masses of trees; nothing but an endless forest! Don't get me wrong, it's very beautiful but not really my style. I'm more of an action type girl, and there doesn't seem to be any action here. We drove for about five more minutes, and finally pulled you to a little cabin. I hate to admit it, but I actually like it. I eagerly ran up to the door. Once my mom caught up and opened the door, I stared in awe. It was amazing; I couldn't actually believe we were gonna be living here.

"Do you like it?" My mom asked.

"Like it? I love it! We actually get to live here!" I yelled.

"You don't need to be so loud!" My mom screamed right back at me.

"Sorry mom, but seriously, we get to live here?" I already knew the answer, but I was a little skeptical.

"Yeah we do, and since you agreed to make this big of a move you get to choose your room first. But just to let you know all the rooms are the same size." She explained to me.

I didn't even give her a second look and started to explore this house. It was a two-story house so naturally I went to the second floor. For some strange reason the room at the end of the hall attracted me. I went in and fell in love. It was the perfect size and had it's own bathroom. Plus there was a perfect view of the woods from the window seat in the room. I was in my own daydream and didn't notice my mom walk in.

She startled me by saying, "I figured you would want this room, so I told the movers to bring all your stuff to this room."

"Wow thanks mom." Was all that was able to make its way out of my mouth; I was still so mesmerized by the room.

"Oh, and Angelique." My mom said.

"Yeah mom?" I replied.

"Umm, some girl named Kasey is here. She's our neighbor and she's your age. She would like to hang out with you. Shes actually downstairs right now." My mom smiled innocently knowing I don't do good with new people. Here goes trying to make changes for my mom.

"Okay, I'll be right down." I replied.

"Great! I'll tell her!" My mom said enthusiastically.

Great here goes nothing. I make my descent down the stairs and see a very pretty girl downstairs. She looks flawless. She's about my height, but perfect hazel eyes, burgundy hair that cascades down her back and flawless skin. I start pulling at my clothes feeling self-conscious. I'm usually very confident and don't care how I look or what people think of me but she looks too perfect. I didn't even realize I was at the bottom of the stairs until she talked.

"Hi! You must be Angelique! I'm Kasey, but you can call Kase! Everyone does!"

Wow, this girl is perky!

"Hi, Kase? Umm, by your excitedness I can guess you like to meet new people?" I suggested.

She answered, "I love new people! We usually don't get new people over here, so if and when we do it's always exciting! Sorry if I'm scaring you, I'm just so happy you guys decided to move here!"

"Trust me it's fine. My friends back home are always this hyper, if not more." I replied. Just thinking of them made me sad, but I quickly shook any thoughts of them out of my head and gave Kasey a smile.

"Do you wanna go to the park? It's a really nice park and that way we can get to know eachother and hopefully become friends?" She suggested.

This girl is so sweet. I'm pretty sure we will be great friends.

"Yeah sure. Mom! I'm gonna go to the park with Kasey!" I yelled.

"Okay be back before eight! I love you!" She yelled.

"Love you too!" I yelled back.

Me and Kasey started walking to the park which was only like five minutes away from my house. We sat down on the benches when Kasey asked, "You and your mom are pretty close huh?"

I smiled thinking about it and replied "Yeah we are."

"It's nice huh? Being able to have a I guess a best friend who has already pretty much gone through what you're going through." She replied.

I gave a soft smiled and said "Yeah actually it is. Or atleast they act like they have, but we know they haven't!" We both laughed.

"Of course! Okay enough about mom's tell me about yourself, like what are your hobbies?" She asked.

"Hmm, well I play softball and have played since I was six." I replied.

"What! No way! So do I! What position do you play?" She asked eagerly.

"I play third and catcher. What about you?" I asked.

"I play first and pitcher! You should so try out for our team! Our third baseman just left to college and we could always use a backup catcher!" She said excitedly.

"Actually I would love to! I could use a little excitement in this so far boring town." I said enthusiastically.

"Awesome! I'll tell my coach about you tomorrow! Oh and trust me this town isn't boring." She said suggestively.

"Thanks, but what do you mean?" I questioned.

She gave a look like she was thinking then said, "As time goes on and we become closer friends I'll tell you, but not right now."

"Okay?" I said totally confused

."Good! It's getting late. We should start heading home." She said.

We got up and made our way home to our houses.

"Bye Kasey! Hopefully I'll see you at school tomorrow, so I can have atleast one friend." I said.

"Bye Angelique! I'll walk with you to school, just so you can have a friend tomorrow!" We both bursted out laughing.

"Goodnight!" We said at the same time.

I walked into my house laughing knowing two things for now. One I actually have a pretty cool friend and two my pretty cool friend, this town, or both have a secret. With that I went up to my room, surprised my bed was set up, and fell asleep.

*Authors Note!*

Hey guys I'm back! I hope you guys like it and that it's long enough! Sorry but I've been busy with school, theater, and softball. Plus my sister left for the air force so I've been pretty sad. but I decided to write a chapter and hopefully someone reads it^-^ but yeah now you met Kasey and soon you will meet everyone else! What's the big secret? Do you know? I don't even know!o.o Okay Okay I do but I can't say! aha hopefully you did like it and if you did vote and if you didn't vote(: please comment what you think. I would really love to hear your opinions! well that's it for now! peace!♡