Betrayal - Sophie's POV

"Sophie, Tam's gone."

Those words rang in my head as I ran into Neverseen's quarters. Yes, I knew where the Neverseen stayed. I... had worked there for some time, just like Keefe had. Only because I had to know what the Neverseen was up to... I promise it wasn't betrayal. I had gotten in by falsely promising that I would be loyal the Neverseen and nothing else.

I opened the huge, heavy door. I quickly looked for the prison, hoping to keep a glimpse of Tam or find anything that would lead me to him. I turned my head back forward then rammed into a guy.

I peeled my face away from his chest. "Sorry, I-" I looked up to see who it was. Oh. The new member. His name was Trevor, and he was a  Flasher. He threw his hood up and his eyes softened when he saw me. "Sorry." he said simply. "WAIT!" I said quickly. "UH, yeah?" "Uh, do you have any information of the new... prisoner?" I asked. He shrugged. "The shade? Well, I hear they plan to suck the information out of him." he said casually. I nodded, trying not to make my movements tremble. I watched as he disappeared back into the corner where he came from.

I hurried on. Where IS he?! I wondered urgently. "AND BY THE WAY?!" Trevor called from the other side. "HE'S IN THE CHAMBER!" Well, that's helpful. "THANKS!" I hollered back.

I ran to the chamber where we interrogated the elves we 'caught'. Even the thought of it made me guilty. I had been helping these monsters for my own good. But you were trying to help, Sophie. I reminded myself. But they caught Tam. My jaw clenched. They'll pay for that.

I opened the thick door and almost gasped at what I saw. Tam was drooping forwards on the chains that bound him, his jerkin plastered to his back by sweat, and he was glaring at the floor. His head snapped up to look at me and he... scowled..!

I cleared my throat, gave him a quick, promising gaze, then averted my gaze to the other member. "Ah, our precious little moonlark, here at last." I shivered. I recognized the evil voice. The best trainee here. Issac. If he succeeds in this, he'll become closer to leader of this wretched group.

I cleared my throat. "Issac." His name slid off my tongue like slime. "Look at our... rather precious new material." I glanced at Tam quickly. "I... I see that." My voice wavered for a split second, and I hoped he didn't notice. "Ah, so, precious indeed." Issac's tone of knowing made me groan in disbelief. This guy figured out everything!

I plastered on a scowl. "This... piece of scum? Never." My voice held determination, but my mind was screaming, STOP IT! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!

Issac slid on a pleased smile. "Now, ask him what he knows." he ordered. "About... about what?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed. "Black Swan..?" he asked, like I was asking him what a flower was. I tried to smirk. "Alright."

I shuffled closer to Tam, who was glaring daggers at me. "GET AWAY FROM ME, NEVERSEEN TRASH!" he spat out. My heart felt like a knife sliced through it. Issac looked irritated. "Make him pay for that, Sophie. And let him feel his life slip by his own creation." He handed me a small... dagger? Shamkniv? A cross between the two.

Tam's eyes widened in fear and I gulped as I took the dagger. I stepped towards him slowly. "Yes, Sophie. Go." Issac urged. I looked at him and a fake smile slipped through my lips. I raised the dagger up high above Tam and Tam's eyes focused on me with fear, rage, confusion, and most of all: betrayal.

I took a deep breath and prepared for my next move.

Go, Sophie.

Three,

Two,

One...