Um. - Sophie's POV

I waved Tam goodbye and watched his body particles fly off into the distance. We had a great time. We just watched the sunset and chatted and everything else (cue the kiss?). It was fun, too. I sighed and stretched my arms as I walked inside. Edaline was waiting at the table, mallowmelt steaming in front of her.

"Ah! There you are. I was waiting for you and Tam to stop making out." she said. I nodded wearily, then my head shot up. "Wait! NO, mom! We weren't doing anything of that sort-- Why are you even--" I stuttered, my face visibly reddening. Edaline laughed a sweet chuckle. "I was joking, Sophie. But now that you just thought I was serious, you probably did kiss him." she said. I sighed. "Mom...!"

She laughed and pushed the plate towards me. "Eat up." I happily took a fork and ate it all in one bite, and Edaline laughed and pushed another slice to me. I finished, and was stuffed. "Thanks, mom." I said. She laughed. "Anytime, dear."

I looked at her and wiped my mouth. "Mom?" I asked. "Hmm?"

"Have you ever, um..."

"Ever what?"

"Ever... thought about what you and Grady... could become? Of course, when you were younger..."

Edaline's eyes widened in surprise. "Why, of course! Why, are you thinking about that?" she asked. I shrugged. "Just... just asking."

Edaline smiled knowingly at me and grabbed the plates. "Anyways, dear, you go up and rest. I'll take care of this." she said. I smiled back. "Thanks, mom." She came to me and hugged me. "You're beautiful when you smile. Don't frown, dear." she whispered. I hugged her tightly and we stayed there for a while before I lumbered up into my room.

I closed the door and sighed. Then I caught a glimpse of something. Iggy was black and silver now! I almost jumped in surprise. "Dex!" I gasped. He dyed him the color of Tam's hair and his fur was jagged and bang-like. I laughed and Iggy burped. I fanned the air in front of me, too excited to gag although my stomach was heaving at the smell. I'll remember to thank Dex later. I reminded myself.

Wait. Later. My eyes widened and my heart raced. Shoot. Tomorrow's first day of Foxfire. Who knew two weeks could fly that fast? I sighed. Great. Another semester of torture and detention caused by probably Keefe. I managed to crack a small smile. At least my friends would be there so we could work out everything.

I went to my bed and sat down, nearly squashing Iggy. He squeaked in protest and I apologized. "Sorry, bud."

I unfastened my cape and placed it on the bedside neatly. I went to change, and appeared in comfy pajamas. I jumped in my bed and snuggled inside my blankets, hoping to catch a bit of sleep. I knew it wouldn't happen, but then my mind wandered to Tam. He was leaning to me, his eyes shimmering in the night sky. Before I knew it, my eyes were drooping and I was struggling to keep them opened. Then I fell into a peaceful slumber, a slumber I almost never experienced.