Life Is Overrated - Tam's POV

I rushed outside, raising my crystal into the light. Man, life was just great. Just awesome. So great I could jump off a cliff.

I whispered, "Havenfield" and the light whisked me away. When I reached Havenfield, I knocked the door. Grady answered. "Oh. It's you. Come in." he said hesitantly. I nodded a thanks and knocked on Sophie's door after falling up the stairs awkwardly in the sight of Grady.

She opened the door hesitantly after, what, five minutes? Then she closed the door in my face after seeing who it was.

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Sophie, I was comforting her. Alright? So we can skip all the assumptions and just let me in." I said crossly. "I don't really want to deal with yelling and screaming hysterically and stuff. No drama." I called. She opened the door, looking weary. "Oh. Me neither." she said, opening the door all the way. I stepped inside and had to stifle a laugh.

Iggy was the color of my hair. And his fur was jagged, too. "Man, I'm getting famous or what?" I said out loud. Sophie looked at me weirdly. Then she looked at Iggy. "Oh. That was... Dex." She said with a small blush. I smiled at her. "Yeah. Yeah, totally."

She whacked my arm. "It was!" she said defiantly. I resisted the urge to laugh out loud. "Alright, no need to get defensive. I'm sure you'd need a picture of me, though." I teased. She glared at me mockingly. "Did you and Keefe switch egos or something?" she asked. I shrugged. "I'm sure Sencen wouldn't mind getting more masculine." I said.

She laughed, a sweet sound that sent shocks down my spine. "Alright, alright, no need to laugh. But I'm serious, though. Sencen could seriously use some more..." I thought for a moment. "Manliness?" Sophie suggested. I snapped my fingers and pointed hand guns at her. "Right."

She smiled. "I'm 100% Tam, 100% Shade, and 100% cooler than Sencen." I said. She rolled her eyes with a smile. "That's three hundred percent, Tam." She said. I winked at her. "I'm three times more of a man than he'll ever be." I said. Sophie laughed so hard she snorted.

"Look, I'm trying to make up for what you saw back there. I was only trying to comfort Biana. Poor girl was trying to blame herself for everything!" I exclaimed. She nodded thoughtfully. "Oh. Okay. I'm sorry." She said. "There's really nothing to be sorry for. Anyways, I knew you'd understand. Wait, you do understand, don't you?" I asked nervously. Sophie laughed.

"Of course I do."

I blew out a breath of relief. "Thanks."

Then we talked for a good amount of time on how life was super overrated for everyone, no matter how good they were. It was a deep conversation, really. But in the end, I knew I- no, WE would be just fine.