Let's Just Be Friends. - Sophie's POV

I sighed and picked at the ground. The only thing in my mind was Tam. Tam, Tam, Tam. I frustratedly kicked up a pile of dust. I coughed and waved the air. I liked him. That's all I knew. But... there was Keefe and Fitz. I used to like them. But Tam was there. Tam. TAM.

I tried to imprint the name in my head. "Tam." I said aloud. The cool, crisp, empty air echoed off the exotic word. I sighed and buried my face in my hands. "Today's the day," I whispered. "Today i'll tell ask Fitz if we can just be friends." I whispered. My voice cracked. That one dreaded day. I tugged out an eyelash and blew out a breath, accidentally ripping out a not very loose one. I flicked it to the ground and watched it fall.

That one horrible day. I had gotten the dream of any girl. Fitz Vacker had kissed me, sure. That was a dream of the past. Now I felt utterly grossed out. "How would I like Fitz if he "unintentionally" did stuff?" I mumbled. "Now, who did what?" I looked up and froze. Grady. My mind reeled into overdrive. "OH! HEY GRADY! I DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE!" I yammered. He arched a brow. "Huh. So, Sophie, who did what?" he asked. I cleared my throat. "Uh, huh? Who did- What? Did... Who? Huh?" I stammered. Grady narrowed his eyes. "What's wrong?" asked Grady.

"Nothing." I replied quickly. "Jolie- Sophie..." he said. My heart hammered in my chest. Jolie? Where? Grady cleared his throat. "Sophie, spill." I sighed and tugged out an eyelash from my left eye. "Um, fine. So, you know? After the gala? Fitz and Keefe got mad, Tam is my good friend, uh, Biana is awesome, Marella and Dex don't care, and, so, Fitz got all gosh-darn crazy and got mad for me not liking him back, and yeah. But we're friends now." I said. I know, I know. It was the truth, though! Tam was a good friend, Marella and Dex showed signs of not really caring, Keefe was... alright, Biana was holding up well, and Fitz, well, he was mad, but I was 50 1⁄2% sure he was fine.

Grady looked overly thoughtful, pondering the daylights out of himself. "So, Sophie, would you like for me to go to Fitz and ASK what happened?" he asked finally. I felt my blood turn to ice. "Sophie? Are you alright? You're very pale." he said, worry creasing his forehead. "Yeah. Just... tired." I replied. "But it's morning..." "I'm just tired still."

He sighed. "Sophie..."

"It's nothing." I said. He rubbed his temples. "Well, I gotta tend to Verdi now. Also the huge Verminion." I watched his stalk away. I let out a whoosh of air. That was close. I buried my face in my hands. Why didn't I tell him? I wondered. I shrugged to myself and stood up. I almost toppled right back down. I gripped the porch railing and I helped myself up. My knees were wobbly and I had to lock them to not fall right down.  I was making my way downtown, walking fast and I'm home bound- Wait, wrong words...

I walked to the Leap master and yelled out, "Everglen!" I felt the Leap master throw me to Everglen and I sighed dizzily. "Sophie." I turned around and saw a tall, teal eyed figure behind me. "Fitz." I breathed. He flashed me a celebrity-worthy smile. I smiled weakly and waved shyly. "Fitz." I acknowledged him with a small wave. He grinned. I looked at his brown tunic and tugged off an eyelash. "What's wrong, Soph?" asked Fitz. Did he really just call me that? "You don't look so good." he said, worriedly. "You don't need to worry about me." I said, tone colder than it needed to be.

He took a quick step back and I rubbed my temples. "Sorry, just... thinking." I said, tone only slightly unapologetic. He rubbed his right arm with his left arm. "Thinking about what I did, huh?" he asked ruefully. I looked at him teasingly, hoping my joke would ease tension. "Did you just read my mind?" I asked, tone playful. He got the hint. Finally. He pretended to be dumb. "HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW?!" he asked. I shrugged and sat down at the steps. He sat next to me and laughed.

"What is it?" I asked. "Oh, nothing." he laughed between muffled laughs. I raised a eyebrow. "Huh? Nothing? I bet this will make it spill!" I yelled out a "war cry" and tacked Fitz. He looked horrified until I started to tickle him. He was laughing so hard he snorted. He rolled around int the colored grass and squashed me under him. "Uh- Ack! F-FITZ!" I choked out. He looked down then rolled off of me quickly. I coughed and rubbed my throat. "Sorry, sorry, sorry!"

I dipped my head. "No problem. But what was it?" I asked. "I was laughing because I remembered the time where you recovered from the memory loss and made everyone snort." he said. I smiled. "Yeah." "Listen, Sophie, I just wanted to apologize. Again. What I did was horrible." he said.  I felt my heart rate rise at the mention of it. "Uh-huh." I replied, voice shaking. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Look, I'm truly sorry." he said, tone shaky. I looked at him and his sorrowful face.

"I forgive you." I whispered. I have to get this over with. I hugged him and he hugged tighter. "Hey Fitz," He looked at me. "Yeah?" "Did I ever tell you that you're like a brother to me?" I teasingly asked. He sighed. "I just got friendzoned, didn't I?" "Yup."

I stood up and stretched. "Anyways, bye, Fitz." He nodded. "Bye, Sophie." I walked out of the archway path and saw Tam, walking away darkly and clenching his fists.

Oh no.

LAKSKDJS IM C A CKLING

IM LISTENING TO "ZOO" AND SEULGI JUST DID HER TARZAN SCREAM AND I— KSMMDNNDJ

"aHHhAAhhAahhhHHH"

Props to the ones out there who get these stupid references