Meant to be - Tam's POV

I looked at Linh, who was sitting on a chair placed in front of where I was standing, but her bacm was facing me.

Suddenly, Linh ever so slowly turned around, and in her arms was the smallest dog in the world. "What the heck? Linh, where the heck did you get that thing?" I asked, startled. Linh squealed happily. "First of all, it's not a thing, it's a puppy! Second of all, his name is Yin, like in yin yang!" She stroked the tiny dog, who looked crazy in love with her.

I couldn't help but laugh in surprise. "Wow, okay, but don't blame me if you let go of him like you did with the murcat."

"I'm sorry, but I had to! He almost killed me," shivered. "Yeah, me too."

"How?"

"Well. I was changing, and-"

"You were half dressed and a murcat just attacked you! I can already see you blinded by clothes and hopping around to get away from a murcat that somehow got away from wherever it was," Linh cackled.

After Linh had settled from her laughing fit, she wiped her eyes. "Oh, boy. I better thank Sophie for making you better." she breathed. I crossed my arms defiantly. "I've always been good." I protested. Linh sighed. "Have you, Tam? Have you really?" she asked. I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright, no need to be all sassy." I said.

I stood up and brushed myself off. "Anyways, thanks, Linh, I'll need to see her now." I said absent-mindedly. Linh snorted, which took me by surprise. "Uh, Linh..?" I asked, turning around to face her. She widened her eyes. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't mean it like that!" she said with a frightened expression. I tried to soften my gaze. "Okay, don't worry, Linh." She breathed out in relief.

I waved to her and she made a kissy-face. I groaned. We didn't do that all the time. Well, I mean, sure we did sometimes, but... I grimaced. Jeez, Tam, you're really off today.

I opened the front door to get out, but she was there already. "Ah, look who couldn't wait to see me." I half-joked. She turned red. "No! I was just... I was just..." Her gaze turned thoughtful. "Um, just what? Just looking for another excuse so you don't have to say, I couldn't wait to see you?" I teased. I heard Linh burst out in laughter from the other room.

Sophie mock-scowled at me. "No, actually, we need to talk about what's happening with everything. For instance, uh, what if the Neverseen... what if they..." She trailed off. I grabbed her hands and saw the star-shaped scar. "Sophie, you realize that I won't let that happen again, right?" I said with a serious tone. She sighed and looked at the ground.

"But they might strike at night, or they might..."

"Guys, could you please not do this in the front door? Thank you!" Linh called from inside. I yelled back, "Fine!" and I close the door. "Sophie, remember, I will never leave you. Although that sounds highly stalker-like, and I also promise that I don't stalk you, I'm serious. You have to trust me, Sophie. I mean, we're technically together, I guess, and trust is important." I said. Sophie closed her eyes and took a sharp inhale.

"Thank you, Tam." she said after some time. "Why?" I asked, genuinely puzzled. She smiled and I heard her transmit, You're so oblivious sometimes. I rolled my eyes. "Says the one who had two boys crushing on her and she had no idea." I said. She whacked my shoulder. "I said thank you because you made me feel better. More safe, I guess. But that's just me." she said with a smile. I tossed my bangs out of my face, probably to hide burning cheeks. "Oh. No- no problem." I stuttered. Sophie giggled.

"Since when did you giggle?" I asked. Sophie's face looked horrified, in a mocking way, but also in a real way.

"Since when did I giggle?!" she asked. I shrugged and she sighed. "Oh well. We'll never know lots of things." I said with a sigh. She looked at me with a disbelieving gaze. "Why do you have to make things so complicated?" she asked. "I don't know."

She punched my shoulder. "Fine. I'll give you that."

I fought back a huge grin. "Alright, I'll keep that in mind."

"You're hopeless."

"Well, so are you."

"Then I guess it was meant to be."