36

When I woke up it was still dark, and I was incredibly warm. There was a weight on the majority of my body, I suddenly remembered I was sharing a bed with Alec. Shifting, I made my stitches hurt slightly, but once I had stopped moving I felt him turn over. I took this chance to check the time, only 3. I didn't feel tired any more, at least not the kind that would allow me to go back to sleep. I sat up and walked over to the window, slipping my bra off and his shirt on, sleeping in a bra wasn't comfortable in the slightest.

I peered through the curtains, a full moon illuminating the quiet streets. The street lights had been switched off, I guess in an attempt to save some power during summer nights, admirable. "What are you doing?" I heard a tired grumble, turning to see Alec sitting up.

"I can't sleep. It doesn't mean you should lose out too, go back to sleep." I said, but Alec peeled the sheet back and got up. The moon now lit up our room rather nicely, not enough to brighten it entirely but enough to see clearly. I stood and watched as Hardy approached me, my arms holding onto my elbows and his shirt, covering my top half.

"Come back to bed." He said, still half asleep as he pulled me in. He was warm, his chest and rhythmic heart beat calming the storm brewing in my head.
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep." I said, looking up at him. Suddenly his hand was on my cheek, his thumb caressing it. "I... er." I looked away and backed up, taking a deep breath.

"Right." Alec said, nodding before plodding back to bed. I don't know why, but when he walked around the bed, I followed him.
"Alec..." I said, looking steadily up to his face. I didn't know what to say, except: "thank you." Stepping forwards I leant up and kissed his lips, my hands placing themselves on his chest.
I felt Alec guide me on top as he sat down on the edge of the bed, letting me sit on his lap. I felt his hands support my back as we continued our kiss, steadily letting it become deeper. One hand gently placed itself over my dressing, before slowly moving up to turn us over. I smiled through our kiss, thinking about how even in the moment, he thought about how I was hurt.
His arm stayed behind me as the other supported him, the shirt of his I had on now not covering anything. I was surprised how quickly he could wake up.
"We'll save the rest for the morning." He suddenly pulled away, pushing me gently up so that my head was on a pillow, and slid in next to me. Since when did he leave me hanging like that, completely breathless?! I rolled over slightly, looking at Alec slightly pant too.

"Be careful, wouldn't want to need a replacement." I joked, but he obviously didn't see the funny side.
"I almost died getting this." Was his response, flattening the mood.
"Sorry, that was out of line." I went to move forward and flinched, not knowing if he wanted me close to him right now. Before my hand could get back under the sheets he grabbed it and placed it on his chest, reaching out an arm.

"You feel cold." He said, making me chuckle.

"That's because you're like a bloody radiator." I felt him look down at me, before I felt a light peck on my head.
"Mhm." He exhaled deeply before I felt his breathing slow, he was exhausted. "Get some sleep, Alice." My breath hitched for a moment when he called me Alice, my eyes glancing up to see his eyes shut and his head facing away. I noticed he had used my first name, not common of Alec.
After a few minutes I felt him roll over towards me, his arm wrapping around my waist and his head by my own. He was warm but after being out of bed for a short while I could use the heat, especially on my legs which were now entangled with his. I let out a quiet sigh,placing my opposite hand gently onto my dressing and closed my eyes, laying my other arm over his. This time I could feel myself drifting, his warmth causing me to feel rather tired.

———————————

I hadn't realised I had nodded off until I felt a cold breeze suddenly befall my neck. I grumbled in response a moment later, turning over to feel the other side of the bed empty. Opening my eyes I saw that it was indeed vacant, but I could hear the tap going, he was an early riser. Rolling over I checked my phone, seeing that there was a message on the group from Miller that Hardy had seen.
"We have another hour or so before we have to get up, Miller messaged and said the proceedings have been slightly delayed." I wondered why Alec hadn't also gotten the notice, but then I remembered that he wasn't actively involved with this case anymore, he was just a witness.
"Come back to bed?" I groaned, not fully awake yet as my head stayed on the pillow. I closed my eyes before I felt him lift my arm and climb back in, feeling him pull me onto his chest lightly where his arm held its grip on my shoulder.