Not so small talk, bigger talk//•°

Warnings: Mentions of sensitive topics, light angst.

"You alright..? What happened?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in worry.

"I'm fine, I'm fine I just got something in my eye and it hurts, is all," I said, wiping my now watery eyes.

"It doesn't seem like it.." He said lowly.

"I'm fine, really. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about me." I sighed.

I seemed to pull my act off as Kyungsoo only looked at me before looking back down.

"Thank you, by the way. For everything... the clothes, food, and stuff. And for taking care of me, I really feel a lot better, I can actually walk." I smiled, resting my head on my palm to face Kyungsoo. "It's the least I could do. I mean, you are here against your will, kinda," He only shrugged, standing up and taking my bowl from me.

"You done?"

I nodded and he walked over to the sink to wash the two plates. "Let me wash them," I said, pushing my chair back to get up.

"Don't, you cuts could get infected or something. I'll handle it." He said, shooting me a look of command.

"Okay..." I said, looking around the kitchen as running water was the only thing to be heard.

"What were you crying about?" Kyungsoo asked, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" I looked back at him, confused.

I think it's safe to say I cried a lot since I got to his house, so which time was it that he was talking about?

"When we were eating. You're a terrible liar, by the way." He noted, turning the water off and drying his hands on some towel next to the sink before walking back to me.

"Oh," I sighed, biting my lip. I didn't want him to worry about me, or trouble him. So I didn't want to tell him about anything. "Don't worry about it really." I smiled softly.

"Tell me." He said sternly, not showing any leniency on his face.

With a deep sigh, I turned to face him with an angry look. "I was just thinking about my own siblings, okay? See, no big deal. You didn't have to bug me about it..."

Kyungsoo reached to take my hand and help me off of the stool, and onto my feet.

"What about your siblings?" He asked while walking towards the kitchen door, and I followed though my steps were much smaller than his. Sure, I was healing, but it still hurt.

"I just haven't seen them for a while, is all," I replied quickly and walked out of the kitchen, having Kyungsoo trailing behind me to make sure I was alright.

"I see... I get it... I haven't seen Seungsoo in awhile, either. Lord knows how handsome he is now. What kinds of things he's doing to change the world. Last time I saw him was about four years ago, you know?" Kyungsoo said, now walking beside me.

"Seungsoo? Your brother?" I asked, and he nodded with a soft hum while looking at his feet.

"Four years....that's a lot of time. Can I ask why?" I looked up at him, holding on to the railing of the stairs to help me balance out.

"It's fine... I guess you could say I just got carried away with the whole gang shit and I moved out as soon as I hit 20. Since then, I haven't talked to my family much at all. At the time I was still home, Seungsoo found me out and would always argue with me about it, he knew and kept quiet until it got that bad." Kyungsoo explained, keeping his gaze away from mine.

I don't blame him, it is a hard thing to talk about, and think about.

Once out of his temporary daze, he quickly grabbed my arms to help me balance out.

"I-I'm sorry," I mumbled all too quickly as he helped me up the stairs, looking at my state and sighing.

"I thought you said you were okay," He shook his head as I looked back and realized the lack of distance between us.

Though, he seemed to not mind. "Y-yeah," I said, feeling the heat rise up to my cheeks, brushing it off with the thought that I was embarrassed.

"I was, but it's okay, I'm fine... just having trouble going up the stairs..."