This is nice, I have to stay//•°

200 messages swipe to view

I shook my head and chuckled under my breath before looking at my messages.

All of them were just asking how I was, where I was.

That was until [Bestfriend] called.

I quickly picked up, missing my best friend's voice. "Hello?" I called out.

"[Y/N]! You finally picked up, ay Dios mio, you scared me chica." She sighed, blurring out all at once.

No, her mother language was not Spanish, she just had a habit of talking like that. And it was cute...and I missed it.

I giggled, "I'm fine, I'm fine... I just got caught up in Busan... I might not be back home for a while." I explained briefly, internally debating whether or not to tell her the truth.
"You little crap...you..you never told me about this, about you having a boyfriend-- or a-anything! What happened..?" She questioned, worry evident in her voice. I shifted uncomfortably on the edge of the bed, laying my free hand rest on my lap and sighing.

"Um... I-I don't know... if you'll even believe me... Heh," I took a deep breath. "I... I went to the casino as usual yesterday... You know, Saturdays. But...um... I saw this guy... he was dressed... very nicely. I was a bit maybe too tipsy and... I talked to him, had a drink or two, and he..took me to a room..." I stopped, tearing up and letting out a shaky breath.

"Oh..Oh no...wait..what..wasn't there a fire last night?!" She nearly yelled, her voice piercing my right ear, making me cringe.

"Ah, new spreads fast," I chuckled nervously, sniffling.

"H-how did you make it...?" She asked, sounding extremely confused, which I didn't blame her for.

"O-oh..." I stopped, realizing that even if I told her, and she believed me, the cops would be here, and I get everyone in trouble, leaving myself in trouble too.

"Well, I left right before that... my boyfriend saved me, I called him ahead of time to pick me up, and he ended up finding me because I screamed so much...and I was the only one left other than that guy. We still don't know who he is... But the police are after him, don't worry. They have been for awhile..." I lied, knowing it's for the greater good. I wiped my tears and bit down on my lip anyway. She was my best friend, and it hurt to lie to her.

But I had to...

"So then my boyfriend took me down to his house in Busan, just for safety... and not being able to see him for a while." I finished off, looking down into my lap, letting go of my lip and awaiting her reaction.

"I-I'm so sorry, [Y/N]... I should have been there. I should-"

"No, no! It's not your fault, don't beat yourself up, I'm fine. You had no idea this was coming, and neither did I. There is no one to blame but Zi-- the guy. Okay?" I mentally hit myself for almost saying his name. I was bad at this... lying thing. Even though it was something I did quite often, it was never a situation too big.

"No... no, it's... " She inhaled sharply before returning to normal. "Y-you never told me you were taken." [Bestfriend] said, trying to stop herself from crying. I knew this because I've known [Bestfrriend] long enough to figure out when she's about to break down and not.

"Yeah... he was kind of a secret. It's fun to play with a forbidden love, you know?" I giggled, attempting to get her mind off of whatever she was going to cry about.

"Hah, you're a crazy chica, you know. You should have still told me~! How old is he, how does he look like? What's his name~?" She cooed all at once, playing along with my happy act.

I opened my mouth ever so slightly to start speaking until Kyungsoo walked into the room, immediately look at me, slightly worried.

"As much as I would love to tell you, I'm running late to the...doctors, yeah. Can I call you back later?" I questioned, looking back at Kyungsoo trying to reassure him that I wasn't calling the police or anything of the sort.

"Uh..sure..but make sure to call me back. Love you~" She said before I hung up after mumbling a soft 'love you too'.

"Who the hell was that?" He asked his voice slightly raised, making me roll my eyes as he set the tray of food that was apparently just made onto the dresser.

"Calm down, it was [Bestfriend]... she's my best friend. And don't worry, I didn't tell her anything you should be worried about." I said, standing up again, catching my balance so that I could walk.

"You okay? You can walk without hurting yourself?" Kyungsoo asked, quickly worried, stepping up to help me. I only held my hand out to stop him.
"I'm fine, I'm going to have to walk on my own sometime soon, anyway," I said, smiling weakly at him as thanks.

"...If you need help, I really don't mind..." He said, moving closer.

"I'm fine..really..." I replied, looking down at my feet.

There was a deep silence for a second or two before my stomach broke it by make a noise that wasn't so very pleasant. I was quickly embarrassed, and I looked farther away from Kyungsoo than I already was.

"I-I'm sorry.." I mumbled.

He only chuckled, "It's fine... you haven't eaten for a while anyway... I made you some steamed eggs and soup. Only if you want it." He said, bringing the tray on to the nightstand.

"You can sit on the bed if you want," Kyungsoo informed, taking my hand and helping me stand straight. "A-actually... maybe that will help." I said looking down.

Yeah, there was no way I was going to get better anytime soon...

"Don't look so sad, it's fine. You'll be fine." He said calmly, guiding me to the bedside, sitting me down. "I..I don't know...I'm starting to lose hope here," I mumbled lowly, but he heard.

"Don't say that. It just takes time to heal."

"I guess you're right... "

---