Chapter Seven Wrong and Right

Quick Note: The song for this chapter is Wicked Game - Chris Issak. I heard it last night and it fit for what I had planned as the story escalates here the lyrics fit really well. Now I know some people don't like frequent shifts in POV when there is more than one in books on wattpad, but I only do two POV's if I do more than one in the first place. Plus, I like the way it shifts as I wrote it. So deal. That's about it for now I think. Oh, salt water taffy rocks! =D Enjoy!

*

The red wine wasn’t making me feel any better. Maybe it was the song that played from my stereo. Chris Isaak crooned about wicked games being played to make someone feel a certain way.

I was lounged out on my couch in the dark. I didn’t feel like turning on a light, the darkness fit my mood. Skipping out on work today with the weekend coming up I stayed in my pajamas sipping wine most of the evening. The bottle was almost empty, but it was only half full when I started. Danny called three times and I ignored them all. What Shane had said last night tormented my mind.

Yes you do

I sat up and poured the last of the bottle into my glass. Staring out my backyard window and up at the moon as I drank. The sounds of a summer night on the beach filtered in, in time with the music. Or maybe it was the wine.

My mind was blank except for Shane. The way his gaze had been so fixed on mine when he spoke those words. The way he made me feel physically, the burning desire deep inside, I couldn’t deny anymore. The fact we both seemed able to open up to one another about our pasts and the comfortable way we interacted was something rare – even I knew that.

It was a wicked game. I groaned.

*

Shane’s POV

*

This was wrong. But she made me feel so right. It’s not like Erin would care. Appearances had to be held though.

“Dammit.” I muttered and opened another beer.

Casey haunted my dreams – waking and asleep. Why did she have to walk into my life now? A little earlier or a little later would have been better than now. I should have kissed her. I wanted to – badly. I’ve been fixated on tasting those lips since I first saw her in the arena.

I watched Erin and Heather busy themselves playfully in the kitchen as they cooked dinner. It was nice to see her happy despite her father’s controlling demands. I agreed out of loyalty and gratitude.

I never expected to find someone I thought I could be happy with. Erin was safe; we grew up together. Despite the circumstances, I would always be there for her.

Casey… she invoked a wild, carnal side of myself I didn’t know existed. Why did she deny what was happening between us? It made me suspicious, and a reason why I held back from kissing her. But I didn’t care. She made me feel alive again.

*

Casey’s POV

*

The knock on my door immediately put me in a sour mood. I shuffled a bit tipsy to open it knowing it was Danny. He was the only one who would show up unannounced. The only one I allowed.

I greeted him with a gulp of wine from my glass. “What?” I snapped turning to walk back to the living room leaving him to shut the door.

“What the fuck, Casey? You call out sick, ignore my calls, then I see you like this, half drunk… what is wrong with you?” He picked up the empty wine bottle from my coffee table and tossed it in the trash angrily.