Chapter Nine Baggage

Quick Note: Wow, this chapter is going to be long I think. Hand written its 20 pages. The storyline just kept coming to me and I didn't want to end the chapter anywhere else. Hehe. Hope you like it. A lot of scandal in this one. I went through about ten songs and this is the only one I liked for the scenes in this chapter hehe 'Ready for Love' by Bad Company. If you pay attention the lyrics and how they grow to what I think Casey and Shane are feeling then you get it. I'll just put the link to the lyrics in the external link button hehehe. Enjoy! =D

*

The last thing I saw before my eyes closed was the look in Shane’s eyes of unadulterated desire when I collided with him. It will burn in my memory along with the softness of his lips as they kneaded together with mine. Slow at first, we took our time to enjoy the feel of each other.

He licked my bottom lip, coaxing mine open. The taste of salt and mint on his and the warmth of his breath on my cheek excited me. Our heads tilted with the deepening connection. The way his mouth and tongue moved over mine was like he knew all along what exactly to do to drive me over the edge.

I was lost in the moment. Lost in him, all around. His hand knotted in my hair and the other around me, holding me closer massaging the small of my back on my spine. The evidence of his arousal was pressed against my thigh and I trembled with the sensation of his strength and restraint that showed in the way he touched and caressed.... I held onto him afraid if I let go that I would fall.

I was drowning in the way he made me feel. Before I lost all hope and thought falling was inevitable he pulled away so we both could catch our breath.

“So, is that a yes?” Shane said breathlessly. A ghost of a smirk played on his lips as our foreheads leaned against the other for support.

He leaned down for another kiss. A gentler one. “I told you,” Shane spoke quietly pulling me against him, unwilling to let me go. “Something’s here.” He lifted his hand to point at himself them me with his words before his finger rested under my chin and gently nudged my face up to look him in the eye.

I gasped exhaling slowly unsure if the trembling would stop. Everything about him intoxicated me. Even the mint scent on his breath from the mojito’s I assumed he was drinking. I pulled back startled by my own actions and surprised by how good and right it felt to be in his arms. Kissing him. It hit me what a stupid thing to do right outside the club my client was in.

“Can I take you home?” His voice was more controlled. It made me swoon that I had done that. That I affected him this way. I looked back at the club.

Sensing my apprehension he spoke again. “Erin won’t notice I’m gone. She’s too drunk and into Heather to worry about it.”

I gave him a confused look and my hand went up to my mouth. My lips were swollen, I could still feel him there….

“Don’t,” he blurted out.

“What?” I realized that was the first I spoke since the kiss started.

“Don’t get that look in your eyes. That’s how all this started,” he chuckled.

I blushed. I literally blushed. “I really don’t think it’s a good idea either way Shane. Both of us have drank….”

“You’re right.” He caught my hand when I pulled away. “I kinda threw that at you. Take your time and give me a chance to explain.” Slowly he reeled me back in close to him. No one has been able to get past my walls before, but him.

“It would be the chivalrous thing to do,” I said quietly, still trying to find my voice.

“Ah, you don’t like chivalry though.” His finger grazed my jaw line as he spoke with amusement in his tone.