Chapter Five Dislocated...

Quick Note: Okay, small little interesting fact. I write these author notes before I type up the chapter but after I finished writing it by hand first in any book I am writing. Thought it was neat to share. Also, the song is 'Rider's On The Storm' by The Doors, yeah, a personal favorite of my own, but it fit for the tone I was going for in the car. And the third verse lyrics I like for what is going on in the chapter: http://www.metrolyrics.com/riders-on-the-storm-lyrics-the-doors.html

Now, if some of this chapter confuses you. I apologize. There is a method to the madness in what I am doing early on in this book. Not sure if anyone has picked up on that yet, but I hope so cause I can be 'too vague' or 'too revealing'. Still working on figuring out that medium middle ground where you question everything. < No, that's not a hint either. *whistles innocently*. Alright, don't mind the author we make no sense most the time outside of the writing even more so. Enjoy! =D xoxox

Psst. Ryan Gosling is temporary so give me more ideas on who you would picture as Shane! As well as other characters so far in the book. Specifically Casey, and Danny, I have no idea, though, Danny at least has an idea listed in the cast section. Whoever suggests first who I pick for each character gets dedications! =D

 *

And of course, because of his ‘wear something comfortable’ comment on the phone, I couldn’t find anything to wear. This doesn’t happen to me. Becoming all flustered and at a loss when dealing with a man. But Shane, was not just any typical man.

I was more-than-usual late for work today because I overanalyzed what to bring with me and I forgot how much time that uses. Why it mattered so much made me hyper aware of the arousal Shane brought out in me. It felt more like a date than an outing with a new friend. Tonight, I had to be careful of that. Keep it platonic.

Most of the day was spent doing research and working on insurance claims. I didn’t dare go out on surveillance. Danny moved his car and the rentals just to be on the safe side out of our parking lot, since Shane was picking me up here at work. The need to avoid any suspicion from him was most important. I was already cutting it dangerously close to the line I shouldn’t cross.

Sleep still eluded me and I succumbed to an over the counter sleep aid, something I haven’t needed to do in a long time. I didn’t like them; they made me groggy and grumpy in the morning.

“Do you want me to send these conclusions out with the evening post or wait until you have finished with all of them?” Danny asked in the late afternoon.

“Send them now. Then at least we will get checks at intervals instead of all at once.”

“Done.” Danny nodded and left my office.

He was uncharacteristically quiet today. Or I had snapped too often at him this morning when he asked why I brought a change of clothes. I didn’t tell him of the plans I made with Shane until lunch and he seemed concerned, but also pleased. As far as we could tell the plan he came up with to insinuate me into Shane’s life was working rather than peeking at a distance which was my way.

Soon as the clock ticked to 3:30PM, I started to shut my office down and went into our little bathroom to change.

“Dammit,” I muttered, realizing the mirror in here was small in comparison to the one I had at home. I had to open the bathroom stall door and stand on the rim of the toilet bowl to get a full body view.

Trying to turn and keep my balance at the same time once I changed was working up a sweat. The skinny jeans I wore fit nicely and the strapless silk blouse showed the thinnest teasing line of stomach. I thought it was casual with a little spice and functional for the activity of going to a testosterone fueled arena.