Chapter Four Simply Irresistible

Quick Note: Okay I was going to use the song Simply Irresistible by Robert Palmer as my song for the chapter as it fits for the tone of it, but listening to more music I like Al Green Love and Happiness better hehe. But you can listen to both if you like. I'll include Robert Palmer's on the external link and Al Green in the chapter. Here we go I haven't updated this one in a while so wanted to get it out of the way as I love where this is going for me and to get back in my routine of writing after an annoying depression that seems to finally be going away slowly. I know most want an OtB update and that is coming, but I take special care for that one. So those who are reading this I hope you enjoy this chapter as I think it brings out more of the deeper storyline. Love you all xoxoxox

*

What a lucky thing to have – knowing how to fake it.

Bradley was trying his best, but I just couldn’t get into it tonight. I called him to take the edge off. No amount of oral or deep hard sex was going to be satisfactory tonight. Not with him on my mind.

“What’s wrong baby?” he asked.

“Don’t call me that,” I said breathlessly when he came up for air.

“You still feel tense.” He rolled his hips against mine sensuously trying to entice me easier.

“Nothing,” I pulled him down for a kiss and he continued to thrust.

When we finished and I did eventually have some mediocre relief, after he left I struggled to get to sleep.

I knew what the problem was. Trying to keep his face and way it felt when Shane shook my hand was proving more difficult than I thought. This was the third night in a row I couldn’t sleep properly because that man would not leave my conscious thoughts. Even then, he haunted my dreams.

I hated the fact I was so attracted to him and was already playing this dangerously by letting him in to become friends. This shouldn’t have happened, but I found it virtually impossible to say no to him.

The whole situation thoroughly annoyed. Technically, I have only been in his presence a total at the most of just three hours since his fiancé became my client. So the strength of this attraction boggled my mind. I could not let myself get involved. Last time I did that I got hurt in a way I vowed I would never let happen again. But I wanted him so badly it made me flush all by my lonesome trying to get to sleep.

“Fuck it.” I muttered and rolled to my inn table to reach in the drawer for my back-up. Battery Operated Boyfriends.

*

“What is it, Danny?” I’m on a gig.” I answered my phone as I sat in the rental car eating a deli sandwich watching Shane and Erin shop on Rodeo Drive.

I was thoroughly bored and entertained by the sight of him again at the same time. I wondered if he was bored…

“Erin’s father called. He wants a progress update next week.”

I just didn’t get the two of them together. Unless that was jealousy. I almost snorted out loud over my own thoughts, but the twisting in my stomach told me it was not far from the truth.

I scrunched up my face remembering I was on the phone. “What is his rush? It’s only been three weeks.”

“Not sure. There is an election coming up in the fall.”

“That’s months away. It’s only May.”

“In politics that’s next week. The research I did on Senator Hartford, he likes things taken care of swiftly and efficiently. I can keep pointing this out if I must, be careful with this one.”