Chapter Three A handshake

Quick Note: Yep, this one is being updated first. Why because it is the story that is coming to me the most right now. Don't worry On the Bench and Hazard will be updated in the next day or so as well. The song for this chapter is FutureSex/LoveSound Justin Timberlake. Look up the lyrics and you will see why I chose it. And the picture is of Shane (Ryan Gosling for now) with an amused expression hehe.  =) Enjoy my lovies!

*

“He actually showed up? Here?” Danny almost squeaked the words out, his tone full of concern. He leaned back in my desk chair shaking his head.

“Yes, it concerns me too.” I chose a camera from my surveillance cabinet.

“He figured out my real name and looked me up. I assume a people search which is easily accessible to anyone and we are publicly listed… Going to the fight was a mistake,” I said more to myself than Danny. “But it’s not your fault. There was no way to predict that happening. Besides I like your plan, it might prove to be useful and a quick closure to this case,” I added to reassure him as I sat down to start cleaning my camera.

“When are you going into the field?” He asked after thinking about what I said watching me as he as a thousand times before with my routine before I start surveillance. This was somewhat of a ritual for us on a big case and this was our biggest to date so far.

“Tomorrow. They both should be at home so just going to do some basic observation.” My tone was rehearsed.

“Hard to tell with this one isn’t it?”

I glanced up at Danny. “A little. I understand why he sought me out. I liked about my name and he knew it from the moment I’d said it. He doesn’t seem the type to give up easily, especially with that MMA record he’s got.”

“Doesn’t make him a cheater.”

“Doesn’t mean he’s not one either.” I sat back. “I don’t see how he got involved with a senator’s daughter though.”

Not from the way he looked at me after his unannounced visit and our conversation. He had spoken in that silky low voice of his ‘I’ll be in touch Casey’ and left. My skin heated and my heart began to thump in my chest just from the memory of it.

“I need a cigarette.” I stood up and went outside. Danny joined me with his electronic vapor cigarette. He was trying to quit. I thought they were a waste of money. We all are dying so why not live life instead of worrying about what could kill you. Something inevitably is going to no matter what you do. Taking preventive action is smart and all, but everything in moderation – well some things.

“Just be careful. If he finds out what you’re really doing…” Danny’s voice was serous as we smoked, well he puffed on his vapor.

“How do you stand that?” I scoffed at the electronic cigarette.

“Don’t change the subject,” He ‘turned off’ the cigarette.

“I always am careful.”

Finishing mine and snuffing it out on the ground we went back inside. I was relieved that Danny seemed satisfied with my answer.

“By the way, Bradley called.”

I rolled my eyes. Now he was calling on me at the office. “I need to get rid of that one.”

Danny chuckled. “He mention work actually not… that.”

Sometimes we exchanged information if we know it might help the other on a case they are working on or if we needed help. Sometimes a heads up was nice and insider information worked in this industry unlike the stock exchange.