Chapter Twenty Eight Happily Ever After

Quick Note: Yes, the end is here. I am sad and happy about that. A short and sweet ending. But the writing is never done. I have Whispers of Revenge to work on, Monogamous (which will be revealed tonight as well), Hazard, Souldust, (those two I posted and took down to work on the others) and editing On the Couch. Which is being split into two books for publishing by the way. No dates yet, I'm slow as shit on editing. I'll see you all in the authors note in a bit when I mark that dreaded green check for the books completion. I went a little 80s on you for the song: 'Nothings Gonna Stop Us' Starship. Teehee enjoy. Love you all so much!!!

*

“Now, I’m really worried,” I teased.

What kind of surprise could he have for me? I thought we were just going out to dinner.

“Be afraid, be very afraid.” Shane joked.

“Danny, I’m leaving….” I was cut off when Shane picked me up heaving me over his shoulder making the word come out as a grunt.

“See you on Monday,” he called back.

“Put me down.” I hollered and heard a faint trickle of laughter from the back offices.

“Nope.” Shane swatted my ass. I yelped and in angry retaliation swatted him on the back. He put me down as we arrived at his SUV and opened the door.

“I’m seriously wondering if I should be more afraid than excited.”

Shane only chuckled and shut the door walking around to the driver’s side. “I promise it’s not bad,” He leaned over to kiss me. “Let’s go eat.”

Shane drove off and towards the beach. “Do you mind, I have one stop to make?” He asked quietly after a few minutes.

“No, I’m actually tired tonight.” I smiled at him and leaned back. It seemed to me he was driving through residential neighborhoods rather than out to dinner.

The ride only took about twenty minutes before he was pulling up and parking in front of a small house on the beach.

“Come on,” he urged when I didn’t move to get out of the car. Looking around, I knew the area wasn’t far from either of our current residences. The whole thing was confusing me completely. Why did we have to stop here?

The house was surrounded by a dark oak picket fence about three feet tall with a gate he opened for us to step through. Sand colored paint matched the beach and the grass was slightly overgrown, but it was quaint. I liked the house already.

“Hello, Shane.”

My head whipped around at the sound of the unfamiliar voice.

“Is everything ready?” he asked the woman who stood on the porch in a trim black business suit.

“Yes, give me a call when you’re ready.” She smiled and nodded acknowledgment in my direction handing Shane a manila envelope.

“Thanks.” Shane turned back to me taking my hand as she left.

“What the hell is going on, Shane?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” He pulled inside and proceeded to give me a tour of the place.

My first thought was cozy. One bedroom and one full bath, modern kitchen and the living room opened up to a patio with the same dark oak fence only a few feet from the beach. But what was surprising was the outdoor patio had a table set for two.

“I hope you don’t mind, Erin helped me set this up.” Shane said pulling a chair out for me. Hesitantly, I sat down.

“No. But why here? In an empty house.”