Imagine 19: Anti-Romantic

Y/N's (Your Name) Point of View

They say being a princess is great, well that's true. You can do whatever you want, like eating all day, playing all day or maybe sleep all day but of course I won't sleep all day, my eyes just can't.

Everything is perfect, not until I turned 21.

"Mom do you really need to do this?"

"Yes Y/N, whether you like it or not", my mom said while sipping her tea.

"But mom, I don't want to get married with someone I don't love"

"Then do you have someone you already love?", my mom said. I looked down.

To be honest, I don't want to have a romantic relationship with other people for the reason that I'm an anti-romantic. I don't want to get married also and have kids. I rather die than marrying someone.

"I already told when you were 16 that you need to get a prince before you turned 21"

"Mom, I tried. But I just can't, okay? Please give me some time", I said as I kneeled infront of my mother.

"You already wasted the time that I have given to you, now stand up and get ready for tomorrow's wedding", my mom directly said to me.

My eyes got widened.

"Tomorrow?!!", I shouted.

"Yes, and your groom will be Prince Wonwoo", my mom said and my eyes became more wider.

"There are so many prince in this world mom, but why him?", I said and my mom looked at me with a 'what the heck Y/N' face.

"What's wrong with him? Prince Wonwoo is a good man and he is also handsome. Don't be too picky, now get out and try the dress for tomorrow"

I was about to complain but my mom pushed me outside her room.

"Arghh! I hate this life!!", I shouted while walking.

Prince Wonwoo is a good and handsome man, I know that of course!

But he's colder than an ice and he also looks scary.

"Ugh! What am I gonna do?", I said while walking back & forth inside of my room. And suddenly the door opened.

"Princess Y/N, this is your dress for tomorrow's wedding", one of our maids said while holding a white backless dress.

"Wait, I'm gonna wear this?!"

"Yes Y/N", and my mom suddenly appears.

Oh come on!

"Mom! I hate that dress. It is backless!"

"But I love it, now try it", my mom said and I just rolled my eyes.

I just obeyed my mother and wore the dress even if I don't want to. My mom looks so happy while me, really unhappy and uncomfortable. I am not used in this kind of dress, it feels like my soul will go out from my body.

"I am so excited for tomorrow!", my mom exclaimed while clapping her hands.

Argh! It really annoys me.

WEDDING DAY

And here I am, wearing the backless dress, wearing make-up and high heels. It feels like I'm a different person.

"My daughter became more beautiful today huh?", my mom said but I ignored her.

"Y/N, my dear!", my dad suddenly enters my room and so I ran to him and hugged him.

"Dad, I don't want to get married", I said and about to cry.

"Sshh, don't cry dear, your make-up will get ruin"

"I don't care, I just don't want to get married. Dad, please do something"

"I'm sorry dear but this is a rule and we can't disobey it", my dad said and I pouted.

"Don't worry Y/N, if Prince Wonwoo will hurt you, we will punish him"

"I won't hurt her", a man suddenly enters my room. And of course it is Prince Wonwoo.

"Oh here is your groom"

"I think we should give them some privacy", my mom said then both of them left.

Silence.

Silence filled the air and room.

"So you're Y/N?", Prince Wonwoo said.

"Obviously", I sarcastically said and he scoffed.

"Are you okay if we get married? You know, we just met today and we doesn't know each other that much"

"It's okay with me", he coldly said.

"But you know what, they said that the groom is not allowed to see the bride before the wedding, because it will ruin the wedding and it won't be successful" I said and turned my back to him.

"Isn't that what you want?", he coldly said.

"I hope it will happen. Tsk", I said then silence filled in the air again.

"You look beautiful with that dress", he suddenly said.

I turned around to face him.

"Umm... Thank-", he cutted my words by pecking my lips. I suddenly felt my heart beating so fast.

This is really weird. That was not my first kiss, someone already stole it and it is my bestfriend, Prince Mingyu.

He confessed to me and kissed me, but I don't feel anything at that time, cause I only see him as my friend. But now, how come I felt butterflies in my stomach?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just can't help it", Prince Wonwoo said as he scratched his nape.

"Umm...", the only word I could said.

I'm totally speechless right now.

"I'm sure you didn't know this but, I like you", he suddenly said and I looked at his eyes.

"You like me?"

"Yes, and I'm afraid to confess to you because they said that you're not interested in having romantic relationships because you're an anti-romantic. And about what happened earlier, I'm sor-", I cutted his words by also pecking his lips.

I don't know why I did this but yeah, I pecked his lips.

"I don't know what's happening to me but, I think I like you too", I said while looking straight to his eyes.

I can see the happiness in his eyes. He leaned closer to me and about to kiss my lips but.......

"Kids, we are running out of time, you can kiss each other later on", my mom said and I rolled my eyes.

Prince Wonwoo chuckled.

"Let's go?", he said and offered his right hand.

I took it and smiled beautifully to him.

I think it's time for me to change and accept my destiny.

The End