Chapter 11

Castor and Dylan arrive at the park, hand in hand under the sunny sky. Children playing can be heard in the distance. They walk over to the hill where they see Dylan's mother and Matthew.

"Hey mom, Matt" Dylan smiles sitting down
"Hello Mrs. Hargrove, hi Matt." Castor smiles as well, sitting down next to his lover.
"Oh, don't be so formal, call me Rachel!" Dylan's mom laughs
"Hey dudes." Matt smiles at the couple
"Who is ready to eat? I have finger sandwiches and salad, and a variety of drinks. Pick what you like." Dylan's mom gestures, opening the picnic basket

The boys pick out some food and put it on paper plates. Rachel then gets her food and they chatter about all the topics.

"Hey mom?" Dylan asks
"Yes honey?" Rachel questions
"Are you and Dad gonna get a divorce?" Dylan queries
"Your father and I have been divorced for a year...he just hasn't moved out yet. He is trying to fix it but I kicked him out yesterday." Rachel answers sadly
"Wait, seriously?" Matt shouts

Everyone turns to Matthew, shocked from the outburst. Silence spreads upon the four.

"Thank goodness!" Matthew smiles
"I'm sorry, I'm confused." Castor points out, unable to follow the line of conversation.
"Our Dad isn't the best, honestly, he shouldn't be an angel. I'm glad he is gone." Dylan explains, holding Castors hand again
"Oh, if you're glad, I'm glad." Castor says cheerfully
"Speaking of things to be glad for....Mom, Matt, we have something to share with you." Dylan says giddily, shaking with anticipation
"Well tells us!" Matt encourages
"I was talking to Echo today, and she told me that in The Keeper's library, is a book that tells how to convert a demon into angel. We will go to the library tomorrow and find out." Dylan admits excited
"Ahh! That's great boys!" Rachel cheers
"Is that what you want Castor?" Matt asks
"If I knew there was a way to turn me into an angel a long time ago, I would have met Dylan sooner." Castor explains, soon kissing Dylan on the cheek.

The sunlight glows on the hills, casting a light shadow on the grass behind, and small dew drops glistening with the light. The sighs of the light breeze and the dancing of the trees, comfort among the angels and devil on the hill.

"So tell us a little about yourself, Castor. I would love to get to know my future son in law." Rachel smiles, causing Dylan to blush profusely.
"Mom! Stop it!" Dylan exclaims
"Oh hush now, i know Echo would ask the exact same thing." Rachel smiles, causing Matt to laugh along
"That is so true, she is the most invasive sister ever!" Matt says combing his fingers through his bright blonde hair.
"It's crazy! She has never met Castor and she already knows a lot about him as if she was his sister instead of mine!"

The four immortals laugh together and Castor thinks of when the last time he ever felt this much joy. Come to think of it, it was when he was mortal. Back when he was mortal, he volunteered at hospitals and elder homes. He always found the satisfaction in helping people and making their day better. That's why he was so happy when he became an angel. But how he became an angel, shouldn't have been the way to go.

Walking on the sidewalk, carrying a carton of milk, Castor heads home from the store. New York wasn't as busy at this time which was perfect for him. He didn't normally like crowded areas. Getting ready to walk across the street, he saw Helga. Helga was an old lady that Castor often helped. It was just so that she was crossing the street.

"Hello Helga, here, let me help you with that." Castor smiles carrying her purse and latching his arm onto hers as they wait for the light to turn red.
"Oh, thank you hun. Bless your soul!" Helga exclaims in her small petite voice.

The light then turns red and the two slowly walk across the street. Just as they got near the middle of the road, they hear tire screeching. Coming around the corner, a 2001 mustang covered in spray paint designs, speeds onto the street. Castor quickly realizes what's going to happen. From the passenger seat of the car, to the back seats, arms stretch out with guns. The people in the car then start shooting everywhere, destroying glass windows and buildings. Castor then pushes Helga out of the way. But in doing so, he got shot two times. One in the right shoulder, and the other in the stomach. The mustang sped away, leaving tire marks. Helga stumbles her way over to Castor, a little sore because he pushed her.

"Help!" She calls out "Help me, someone please!"

And with that, sirens could be heard in the distance before Castors vision slowly faded. And he closed his eyes, for what he thought would be the last time.

"So anyway, tell us about yourself Castor." Rachel smiles, bringing him back to reality.
"Oh well, I died when I was 21, my middle name is Alexander, and I have possession of the Infinity Sword." Castor states, stumbling on his words, never having to tell about himself as an immortal being.
"Oh really? You have it?" Matt asks surprised
"Yeah, he used it to save me from two demons!" Dylan smiles, giving Castor's hand  squeeze.
"You saved my boy's life?" They hear a voice ask.

They all turn around to see Dylan's father, Howard. Dressed in a white suit, you would think he was just at a meeting.

"Yes sir." Castor says as they all stand up
"In that case, I apologize. I only want the best for my children and I thought you just weren't it." Howard apologizes, putting out his hand.
"Thank you sir. But coming here and apologizing to me won't change how they see you. You finally moved out and they are finally happy. I think it should stay that way, don't you think?" Castor says confidently
"I suppose so. I still get to see them on holidays?" Howard asks Rachel.
"Yes, but you better not be late to any." She sighs, tired of hearing his voice.
"Alright then, bye boys" he says turning, and flying away after he hears.
"Bye Dad." From Matt and Dylan.

The four sit back down and enjoy the rest of their morning, talking and laughing like they did before.