Chapter 2

The next morning, Castor wakes to the sounds of people walking down the street, the normal sounds you'd expect from a city. Looking down to his left, he finds a peaceful Dylan. Watching in admiration as the beauty sleeps, he smiles a genuine smile; Something that doesn't come around often. Dylan seems to be able to sense his gaze- rolling slightly so his back is against Castor's side, he stays asleep.
    Castor starts to lean into the touch but quickly dismisses it, realizing what he is doing shouldn't happen with Dylan, or even at all. He slowly releases his wing off of Dylan and stands, getting one last glance at him before flying away to go back home. Dylan wakes a bit later, looking around for Castor with blurry eyes. Seeing he isn't there, Dylan quickly stands and flies back home, taking the blanket with him.

He opens the door to find his father gone, and his mother with wine bottles crashed on the couch. He sighs, setting the blanket on the table. Dylan lifts his mother. Carrying her bridal style, he brings her to the bed and tucks her in. He cleans up after her. Sighing, he sits in the kitchen. His stomach growls. He pulls out some cereal, pouring a bowl for himself. Five minutes later his brother, Matthew, comes in the apartment.

    "Hey dude," he says walking into the kitchen and sitting next to Dylan.

    "Hey Matt," he smiles, yawning.

"Find someone to guard yet? Have you found a girlfriend yet?" his brother asks quickly, wanting to get the details out of the way.

    "Nah..Nobody pleasing," he smirks.

     Matthew gives a sly smirk, "you suuurrrreee?"

    "Positive," Dylan shoulders Matt "Why, you got yourself a lady?"

    "Of course I do. She just happens to be a human....." he says sadly.

"Ah, sorry man," Dylan rubs Matt's shoulder.

"It's fine. Anyway, I gotta tell you why I'm here...I was sent to tell you that our Heavenly Father wishes to speak with you." he says a bit quieter.

    "Oh jeez! When? I could get there in maybe half an hour if needed be."

"Now." he says.

"Ok, thanks Matt," Dylan turns, walking out and leaping off the balcony, invisible.

He flaps his powerful wings, propelling him upward. Landing on top a cloud, he dashed to the great hall. He flashes in, looking for the Heavenly Father. Waiting at the shiny silver and white marbled door is a guard.

"He is ready for you" the guard says with no expression.
Dylan nods, silent as he walks calmly in

"Ah, Dylan. Great to see you. Sit, sit." the bald man with silver wings exclaims as he sits on his throne.

Dylan smiles "You too, sir," he bows in front of him before sitting.

"Do you know why I have called you here?" He asks.

"No, sir."

"Let's start with the first topic. How is your search going in regards to finding someone to watch over?" he asks as he sits with a happy smile.

"I have a few humans in mind," Dylan says,"A female named Samantha, and a young child named Jacoby,"

"Ah, Samantha. What a ball of joy she is!" He says with a big grin. His grin slowly fades and he clears his throat.

Dylan smiles "Id be happy to be either of their guardians, sir." Noticing the change in mood, he falls silent and the smile fades as well.

"Now Dylan, as much as I love to talk about guardians, this isn't the reason why I have summoned you. This is far more important." He says sitting up straighter.

Staying silent, he watches the Heavenly Father with complete attention.

"Are you aware of soulmates?" He asks.

"Soul.. what?" Dylan tilts his head, blonde bangs flopping to the side.

The Heavenly Father sighs, "If you couldn't tell... your parents aren't that well with each other, and that is because they aren't soulmates. Most angels have soulmates, demons do not. When an angel is born, a star appears, and when another person is born and their star is aligned with the angels star, they become soulmates. Somehow in their future life, the two will meet and will slowly, but quite quickly, form a loving bond to the point where they are inseparable. Then, if they haven't already, they must kiss for the bond to be complete.  Officially making them soulmates." He explains

"Oh," he seems surprised, "Why am I  learning all of this now..?"

"Because you have a soulmate." he says bluntly.

"I do?" he looks surprised, mind flashing to Castor, "who..?"

"That I do not know. Who do you think?" He asks.

"I don't know.. I don't know many people, and I'm only close with Matthew."

"All I know about him is his name." Heavenly Father explains.

"O-oh." Dylan blushes, watching his every movement.

"Are you alright? Do you need a moment?" He asks putting his hand on Dylan's shoulder.

"No, I'm fine.."

"If you would like, the library has an entire section on soulmates, if you wish to know more young child" He informs.

"Sure...I mean, thank you, sir," he bows again.

    "Any time young one." He smiles

    Dylan walks out calmly, dashing away as soon as he is out, and spreading his wings, gliding back down slowly to the real world.