Chapter 8

The next few days went by slowly. Castor had to travel all the way to Texas, 1,743.1 miles away from New York.
Late in the night, Dylan was watching over Samantha. With a knife to her throat, Dylan tried to persuade her to put it away. But sadly, he failed. Heartbroken, Dylan flies away to the place where he first saw Samantha.
Castor flew to Hell Devil, giving the soul capsule to him.

"Ah, thank you. You have another soul to collect. 1200, ShadowHeart drive." The dark man instructs walking to his desk.
"Alright. Be back soon." Castor says starting to fly away
"Yeah, yeah" he says waving without a care

Castor scoffs before flying to the house. He soon sees a girl with boy short blonde hair in a purple and red sweatshirt paired with black ripped jeans, passed out on the floor. After collecting the soul, it reads who the soul is. Samantha Lycan. He then realizes that she is Dylan's Samantha. Looking down he sees scars on her wrists and her neck cut open, crimson blood spilling in the white marble flooring. He then zooms out of the home, wanting to get this over with and find Dylan. Flying above the streets, he feels the light rain start to fall, mortals below running for cover. When the streets are empty and all to be heard is the droplets of water, he hears a whimper. He flies toward the sound to find Dylan alone on the sidewalk drenched in water. He softly lands on the ground and sits down next to Dylan, wrapping his arm around him in comfort. After a few minutes, it gets quiet.

Dylan asks, "why do all the best people die?"
"Because when you're in a garden, which flowers do you pick?" Castor replies with question
"The most beautiful ones.." Dylan answers
"Exactly." Castor explains

Castor then picks up Dylan bridal style and flies into the cloudy air, the moon being their guide light. They soon make it to the apartment complex. Castor then gets the room keys before walking up the stairs to the luxury apartment. He opens the door and sits Dylan on the bed. He turns around and gets them both sleeping pants. They soon change and get into bed, Castor shutting the lights off. Laying in the darkness, by the heard sighs from Dylan being evident he is awake, Castor says,

"So when we first met you asked me about my eye and I didn't give a response because I wasn't ready..."
"Yeah?" Dylan asks looking out the window
"I am now...." he says as they both turn on their sides to face each other.
Castor sighs, "Do you know what a forgotten angel is?" he asks looking into Dylan's orange and blue eyes.
"Uhh... a shunned angel, right?"
"Do you know why they are shunned?" He asks
"For doing something bad..?" Dylan guesses
"Yes but there are other reasons, and they are classified into a group. An angel is shunned if it is not seen as pure" Castor explains
"Oh, yeah," Dylan's nods
"Well, I am a forgotten angel." He admits fiddling with Dylan's fingers.

Dylan falls silent and gives his full attention.

"When I was a normal angel like you, though I wasn't born, I would visit the elderly and watch over the sick kids in hospitals like I would when I was alive. And after visiting my sick mother, I was flying high in the sky late at night. There was a lot of dry lighting. And I was flying too high. I heard thunder quite close to me so I looked up, and lightning struck my eye, making it blind. From shock I crashed into the dead willow tree, right across from our coffee shop." He says closing his eyes for a short period.
"That made the scar bigger. Once I recovered and got out of the tree, I went home to heaven, I got no assistance and wasn't recognized as an angel. I was shunned. So I stayed on earth for a bit until I accepted what I am now. I flew into the gates of hell and didn't look back.yy wings got bigger and what used to be white and silver turned black and gold. I don't steal lives like a normal demon but I take them when it's that person's time to go." He explains, tilting his head down and closing his eyes.
Dylan scoots close into Castor and Castor's chin rests on Dylan's head.
"So... your thought of as a demon now...?" he asks uncertainty.
Castor sighs and looks down at Dylan and Dylan looks up to Castor, "yeah I guess"
"I can't see how other angels can hate you." he smiles
It's a lopsided smile, but a smile nonetheless.
"When I look like this" he says gesturing to his eye
"It's.. cool." his mind is screaming: AND HOT-, but he keeps his jaw shut
"I guess...." he says deeply blushing, never experiencing a compliment about his eyes before.

Seeing it, Dylan immediately thinks he did something wrong.

"Are you okay..? Your pink in the face- oh no, did I say something wrong? I'm so sorry!.." Dylan exclaims
"No no no! It's fine...it's- it's perfect." He says before kissing Dylan.
"Thank you for telling me. You didn't have to." Dylan whispers
"I've wanted to tell you. I just thought it would be good to tell you now. I'm sorry about Samantha. If it helps I collected her soul tonight." Castor admits
"That makes me feel somewhat better. Thanks Cassie." Dylan smiles
"Anytime cutie." Castor smiles back

They soon release and Dylan turns around, the two cuddling. Castor wraps his wing and arm around Dylan's side. The two fall asleep like that, hoping to recover about Samantha's death the following morning.