Christmas Eve

"Stop being a little bitch and let me do it", Micheal groaned. I looked over and grinned because Gabriel was having technical difficulties with our mothers new mixer. He couldn't get it to work though and his whining apparently annoyed Micheal. Gabriel sighed in defeat and gave it to Micheal. Micheal pressed the button to start it but nothing happened. He set it in the bowl of ingredients and pressed it again...and again and again and again. He just kept pressing it and finally just let it go, obviously pissed.

Lucifer looked over to me with a grin. "I can't wait for it to start working and batter is going to go everywhere." I laughed at this and secretly hoped it didn't happen because we had all stayed somewhat clean for the first time in a long time while cooking. It was currently Christmas Eve night and we were trying to get some things prepared for tomorrow. We were putting together a vegetable try, making the pie crusts for several pies, homemade noodles and prepping a turkey because its one of the few meats all of us could actually agree upon. Even with all the flour and juices we managed to stay clean but if that mixer lost control that would definitely change.

I leaned on the counter to try and get a better look at the mixer and tried to see if the button would turn it on or off because if it did start working I really didn't want to clean a mess. It was then that I saw the cord traveled across the counter and started to dip down some. It wasn't even plugged in. Without saying a word I walked around the counter and grabbed the cord before plugging it into the wall. There was a buzzing noise right before the mixer shook inside the bowl and batter for pie crusts flew, hitting our faces, our clothes, and the wall. Gabriel and Micheal lunged for the mixer to save the batter and Lucifer began to laugh his ass off. After several minutes of furious silence from Gabe and Micheal and intense laughter from Lucifer, Lucifer managed to huff out a sentence between laughs. "You guys...are so...fucking stupid", he panted.

I joined in on the laughter then, not able to contain it any longer. Micheal and Gabriel even cracked a smile at that point and proceeded to lick the batter from their arms and hands. I went to get a towel and began to wipe the counter, the cabinets, the walls, and the floor. That shit literally got everywhere and as much as I hate cleaning up the mess, it was pretty entertaining to witness. I wiped the batter from my hands and face before passing the rag on so my brothers could clean up what their tongues couldn't get. So much for a mess-less cooking time. Once we cleaned the mess, we went back to our cooking but sudden shouting stopped us. We all looked at one another but couldn't make out what was being said due to the door mumbling the words.

A few minutes later my father stormed out, looking pissed as all hell. Micheal grabbed my arm and pulled me out of his line of fire as my father stormed out the back door, heading for god knows where. My mother came out a few minutes later, looking upset and exhausted. She smiled slightly at the sight of us and gave a soft chuckle. "What happened in here", she asked as she saw some batter that was on our clothes that had dried before it could be wiped off. She held up her hand as Micheal was about to talk and she shook her head. "On second thought, I probably don't want to know." We grinned because all of our mischief fell under the category of "mom-didn't-want-to-know".

She went to sit at a stool and allowed us to continue cooking as she continued to talk but not before letting out a heavy sigh. "Speaking of things people don't want to know", she started. We all exchanged worried glances because mom being this distraught was obviously something very bad. "It seems our host is going to host your father's brother and sister-in-law. They will show up for lunch tomorrow and stay with us for a few days." I groaned internally as Gabriel groaned externally, not caring who heard. My mother sighed again and nodded. "I know, I know. Trust me when I say I'm not thrilled about it either but what can you do. They are family and seeing them might relax your father a bit."