Heart to Heart

"Is he gonna be alright", Jo asked worriedly. I sighed in worry and fear.

"I honestly do not know. I'm terrified Jo", I admitted as we walked into auto mechanics. He immediately felt the green jewels on him as they walked to their cars. "He hasn't said a word to anyone. He won't even leave his room. Micheal takes him food and water and he'll eat and drink but he won't do anything more. We've never seen him like this. What do I do?" I looked up and Jo was looking at me with sad and worried eyes. It made me feel even worse.

"Hey", she said making me look back up. "Whatever he's going through, he'll be okay. Lucifer has never done something without reason. Right? He just needs some time. I promise." I gave her a small smile and nodded, a small sigh escaping my lips.

"Alright guys listen up", Dean called, gathering everyone's attention. "Next to your vehicles you'll find textbooks. Treat these well and don't lose them. These books will teach you everything there is to building a car from the ground up. Read a chapter and then work on that part of the car. If you manage a chapter every week with little to no problems, then you should be ready for the inspection next month and have your cars ready for the end of the year. If you have questions, please ask. I'd hate for Bobby to have to go back and fix everyone's mistakes. Begin." Everyone turned their attention to their cars and talked excitedly, except for Jo and I.

"How you holding up", Dean asked as he approached us. It took me a minute to realize he was only referring to me.

"Okay I suppose", I muttered.

Jo looked at me sadly and shook her head at Dean and he sighed. "Stay after class today. Okay Cas?" I nodded numbly and went to put myself in my textbook, something that comes quite easily to me. Jo eventually did the same and Dean walked around a few times to ensure everyone was reading before going to his desk. As I read, I could feel his eyes on me but I refused to look up. It took all my determination to actually grasp the textbook and a sigh of relief came out when the bell finally rang about forty minutes later. I nodded at Jo, signally her to go ahead. I put my book down slowly and waited for everyone to leave before approaching Dean at his desk. "No bullshit this time", he said finally. I looked at up from my feet and saw him staring at me intently, making me swallow and squirm under his gaze. He moved around to the front of his desk and leaned against it. "How are you?"

I took a shaky breath before answering and Dean straightened up at the sound, worried even more than he already appeared to be. "I'm okay. I'm just...I'm just worried about my brother. He's been quiet. Too quiet. He leaves for college soon and I'm worried he's going to leave all messed up over what happened." It was silent for a moment. "What do I do", I finally asked in a exasperated tone.

"Ultimately I can't tell you. I mean I had a class or two with your brother but we weren't really friends. I don't know him all that well-"Dean started before I cut him off in shock.

"You went to school with my brother", I asked surprised, causing him to chuckle.

"Despite what it may seem I'm only twenty-four Cas", he said with a small laugh. I nodded, still shocked that he wasn't much older than me or my brothers. "But, whatever you do, talk to him. Even if he doesn't want to talk. Make sure you talk to him before he leaves. If you keep trying eventually he'll give in", he advised, returning to the topic at hand. I nodded and looked into his eyes to find them staring into mine. "Whatever happens, you can always come to me Cas", he said softly. Before I knew what I was doing I was up against him, my lips moving against his. He moved his arms to rest his hands on my waist and I yanked back.

"I'm sorry. I have to go", I mumbled and ran out of the room.

*****