The Party Never Stops

"So Balthazar which one are you into", I asked. Wednesday had passed by roughly and with disastrous headaches. It was now Thursday and my head still pounded slightly and the loud chatter of the lunchroom didn't help. Drinking more last night with my brothers before Lucifer and Micheal left for college again didn't seem to help my case either.

"What the hell you mean", he questioned. He looked utterly surprised and Crowley groaned next to me.

"You at his party the other night, you social butterfly. Do you dig Garth there or Mr. Sugarman", Crowley jumped in. Crowley had come by the table yesterday for our brief talking and I invited him to sit with us. It took little convincing before he sat with us but today he did right away. He was actually a pretty cool guy and, regardless of how we meet, I was glad to have made a friend in him. Garth, who was sitting next to Anna and Charlie, laughed at this.

"Hate to break it to you but I don't swing that way alright", he proclaimed. Jo rolled her eyes and grinned at him.

"Okay so it's Gabe then", Jo announced. Balthazar blushed and told us to shut up, making the rest of us laugh.

"And", I said loudly to get Balthazar to look at me, "that is totally fine." He looked up at me and grinned slightly before looking back down at his tray. Garth and Crowley seemed to fit in with us just fine and we were happy to have them, even if it meant that Meg and Alastair and them would shoot us an occasional glare. Oh well, it's not like we couldn't handle that. Lunch passed too quickly and far too soon the bell rang, signaling everyone to move on to fifth period. Charlie looped her arm through mine and we headed off to theater.

This week we had been working a lot harder in class in order to work on the sets and costumes. We were going to perform the play on the Thursday and Friday during the week right before winter break. This week and next we had to finish painting all the set and getting props ready and then the last week and a half had to be for rehearsing and going through the play in extreme detail. The Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the play we even had afternoon rehearsals after school so we could get through the full thing without the bell separating us between the first and second half. The main two roles got to sit out of set work though in order to really memorize their lines.

Me and my new friend, I guess she could be called that, Claire were rummaging through the prop trunk, trying to go through everything and pull out what all we needed. "So I heard our lead male wants to ditch school all next week. Something about babes in the Bahamas", Claire mentioned. I looked up at her and frowned, waiting for her to elaborate more. "Meaning he probably wouldn't be there Thursday and Friday afternoon and his understudy is gonna have to take his place." I groaned and she cracked a smile. "Figure it out there did ya?"

"I don't want to perform! I can't even act", I exclaimed.

"Well obviously you can otherwise you wouldn't be the understudy", she pointed out. I gave her a dead look and she shot her hands up as if in surrender. "Alright, alright. Just trying to warn you and give you some additional time to practice. You know, just in case." I looked over to where Charlie and Rufus were rehearsing. Charlie was clearly into it while he was sitting there with his feet propped up, barley even acknowledging that she was directing lines towards her. I sighed and shook my head, poor Charlie. "See? He doesn't care and so you better hope he doesn't show."

"Why the hell would I hope for that", I asked. She rolled her eyes and swatted at me with a prop sword.

"Because this is Charlie's big break! She clearly loves acting and she is getting to be lead! It's huge and very important to her but Rufus frankly doesn't give a rats ass. Maybe he used to but right now he just wants half naked women on a sunny beach. If he doesn't show, then the play won't be ruined but his shit attitude and you could be helping her. You did well during your audition and if Charlie got to act with you, someone she was comfortable with and could read well, the performance would be ten times better! I know you don't really want to perform but come on. Hope you can for her sake and be happy about it", Claire ranted. I sighed and nodded, knowing she was right.