Well This Was Unexpected

I trudged into school the next day, pondering what my electives would be. I meet my friends sitting on our bench and sat down next to Balthazar across from the others, seeing as how we can't all fit on there. He looked over and gave me a small smile while I was sliding down the cool cement and quickly looked away at something else. I looked at Jo and she gave me a pitiful smile to ensure what I already knew, Balthazar has blushed. I gave her a what-am-I-supposed-to-do look and shrugged. Thankfully the group didn't notice our string of looks we had started sending, they rarely ever do. After conversing for awhile, I told them I was going to go to my locker and Jo followed. "I just don't see why you don't like him", Jo said with a sigh as we had turned the corner and went down the hall to my locker.

      "You know I like or even love him, as a friend. Balthazar is good looking but I'm just not attracted to him. That's not my fault", I told her. Most of my friends, including Jo and Balthazar knew I was gay without me even having to say it. It makes sense to them because I've never had a girlfriend and I hang out with a group that consists of almost only females. To be fair I've never had a boyfriend either and honestly do not want one, at least not now. I needed to get through schooling and become a doctor before I can even think about having a boyfriend. It's very low among my list of priorities. Jo nodded at my statement.

      "Of course it's not your fault Castiel! I just hate to see Balthazar like that, he really likes you", she said softly. I nodded understandingly. It was sometimes awkward in the group if Balthazar and I sat next to each other or if our legs or arms accidentally brushed. We all just ignored it though, not wanting to make it worse. We figure it'll go away sooner rather than later anyway, probably just a crush. I put my bag in my locker and shut it before following Jo to her locker where she grabbed her book. I wasn't gonna be in that class much longer anyways so there was no point of me bringing anything. I walked with Jo and dropped her off at her class before continuing down the rest of the hallway to mine.

      There were a few kids in class already and there was one face I hated to see, especially this early in the morning. "Hey there darling", Meg said in what should've been a sexy drawl for most boys, just not me. I mumbled a hello before looking out the window trying to get her to leave. Of course, it did not work. She slid into the chair next to me, blocking my view of the window. "Come on now Clarence that's not like you to ignore people. Plus, why of all people would you ever ignore me", she said with a smirk and putting her hand on my thigh, making me very uncomfortable.

      "Miss Masters please return to your seat and stop harassing Mister Novak", Mrs. Mundy stated. Meg tried to tell her that she wasn't harassing me, but our teacher silenced her. Meg shrugged and winked at me before removing her hand and her presence from any where around me. I smiled and gave a slight nod to my teacher, thankful she got Meg away. She didn't seem to know how to let me be, though Jo tells me that it's because she wants me. Regardless, I definitely do not want her. Being removed from this class might not be so bad if it can keep me farther from Meg. The rest of the day was simple. We either took notes or got more textbooks or something. When lunch rolled around I was bummed that my note taking was interrupted and that my friends and their elective opinions would yet again commence.

      I walked to our table and sat down next to Jo and Charlie again, Jo immediately perking up. "So you're going to choose auto mechanics right", she asked. I rolled my eyes. Honestly, couldn't we drop this already? I pulled my paper out and Jo ripped it from my hands. She pulled out a pen and in bright blue ink circled auto mechanics.

      "Hey", I exclaimed. "What if I do not want to take that?"

      "Let's go right about this Castiel. We all know you don't want to take any electives and you are going to push this off until last minute and choose what we told you anyway, so we are just going to speed up the process for you", Charlie said. She took the paper and pen from Jo and circled theater and culinary arts. "There. Now, go turn this in to Mrs. Roberts and hope you get theater with me."