Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

I screamed but when I didn't feel anything I cracked an eye open.

I then noticed that Peter didn't have his hold on me.

I turned around but he was nowhere to be seen and neither was Louis, my dad or Elliot. I swallowed hard. Heaps of questions running through my mind.

Who got shot?

Where are they?

“Shoot.”

“W-where are they?” I stammered.

No one said anything but they looked in the direction of a side door in the room.

I ran to it finding it was stairs, I ran up them two at a time and as fast as I could in this dress. I heard people behind me, catching me up.

After what felt like a million steps I burst through a door.

Elliot, Louis, Peter and my Dad turned towards me.

We were on the roof of the building; they had Peter up against the ledge, but while they had turned to looked at me Peter and ran around and now was off the side of them.

“Shit.” I said causing them to turn and jump away from Peter.

If we weren’t in the situation I would have laughed at them jumping at the same time.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Peter laughed.

“Do you really think you would be able to beat me, your wrong if you do? I always get what I want and I will be getting Arianne and I will be the greatest drug dealer in the world and no one will be able to stop me.” He shouted.

It was then, that I realised how his eyes were watery and red around the rims and his pupils were constricted, his nose was runny and when he spoke he slurred slightly.

He was on drugs.

I made myself build some confidence and spoke up before anyone else spoke.

“Are you on drugs.” I asked walking closer to him.

His eyes widen a little and his mouth popped open into an ‘o’ shape.

He regained his composure and scowled at me once again pointing the gun in my direction.

“Why would you say that? Of course I'm not on drugs.” He shouted.

I flinched, I heard someone behind me moving closer.

“I-I, didn't mea—” I stopped when he put his finger on the trigger.

I gulped and he pulled it.

In lightening quick speed I was pushed onto the ground.

I heard the sound of it hitting mud.

Wait; there wasn’t any mud, just concrete.

A horrifying, twisting pain flooded through me.

I turned my head just to see Toby fall to the floor holding his stomach.

I swallowed the bile that was starting to rise and screamed.

I crawled over to him.

“No, no, no.” I kept repeating holding his torso up in my arms.

“He is not going to take my other cousin away do you hear me.” He slurred.

“Somebody call an ambulance.” I screamed tears falling from my eyes.

I heard a bark of laughter behind me.

“No one will be calling anyone so I suggest you shut your mouth sweetheart.

I looked round to Peter then back at Toby.

“I love you Toby, you better stay awake, I need you.” I said.

I put him into Stacy and Riley’s arms and stood up.

“A, what are you doing.” I heard Jake say but I ignored him.

I glared at Peter and started walking towards him.

“You know what Peter, when they spoke about killing you, I thought I didn't want them to, you wanted to change your lifestyle, turn good even. Even when all of that turned out to be a lie, I still thought no just hand him into the cops. But now I'm thinking about killing you myself.” I shouted tears still streaming down my face.

“Please no one can stop me, even you can’t, but everyone loves you. Christ they will jump in front of a bullet for you.” He screamed in my face.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” I screamed back.

I snapped.

I punched him the face.

It didn't even make him flinch just made him even angrier.

Fortunately, before he could raise his gun or fist, Elliot was there and punched him square in the face.

I heard a sickening crack of his nose and he fell to the floor.

My dad jumped on top of him repeatedly punching him in the face.

I turned away unable to watch, I didn't stop my dad not wanting to and because he needed it.

“Hey baby, it’s ok.” Elliot said hugging me to his chest.

I didn't realise I was sobbing until I felt his shirt soaked with tears.

I grabbed his hand and ran to Toby.

His face was white and cold, but his eyes were his half open.

“Toby listen to me you need to stay awake for me ok. I am not going to lose my favourite cousin do you hear me.” I stated firmly.

“I'm you’re only cousin.” He whispered chuckling, he winced in pain.

“Please don't leave me.” I sobbed, still holding his head on my lap.

My tears running from my face onto his.

“Don’t blame yourself Ari, I love you always remember that.” He slurred.

“I love you too.” I whispered.

“If I see Grace I will tell her you said hi.” He said.

“No Toby don’t even talk lik—”

Before I could finish the roof door burst open.

About twenty police officers ran through the door and tackled my dad and Peter.

The two paramedics came rushing up to us.

I was pulled away from Toby while they worked on him and started putting him on a stretcher.

I vaguely heard my Aunt scream and her running over to Toby.

I let the guilt and sadness wash over me.

If Toby dies it’s my entire fault.

I will never forgive myself.      

~~~~~~

Sorry guys that it's short, i just wanted to upload something for you while i have a little bit of time free.

So what do you think??

Should Toby die?

What do you want to happen to Peter?

Love you guys :D

Comment, Vote and Fan!!!!