Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty two

There was a knock at the door.

I quickly got off Elliot’s lap scared we might be seen and what would happen.

“Ari, I have you’re dress, hair and make-up stuff. Peter said you have got to do you’re girly stuff and Louis and I will take you at ten.” Harry one of Peter’s men said.

I gave him a stiff nod.

I haven’t seen my dress, so I have no idea what it looks like.

I took a deep breath and opened the bag.

“Wow.” I whispered

It was strapless ivory, a slit ran up from the top on the thigh right down to the floor, the only extra detail was some embroidery on the bodice and on the train. There was nothing extravagant or overstated elements, it was simple and beautiful.                                        

“Guys, what am I going to do, I can’t get married.” I said frantically, I could feel my eyes stinging with tears yet again.

I collapsed to the floor sobbing.

“Listen to me Ari.” I felt my dad grab my arms; he was kneeling in front of me so he was eye level with me. “You are not going to marry him, ok. I will kill him before you marry him.” He said and hugged me. I was so shocked I didn't respond at first, he never hugged me not even before Grace.

When we pulled apart me sobs had stopped and I was just sniffling.

“I have a plan.” Stated Jake.

I raised my eyebrows not expecting Jake to be the one to have a plan.

Besides he has hardly spoken.

“What is it?”

“Well A, you have to get ready and we go the wedding as usual, but someone will object. Then someone grabs Ari, kills Peter if you want to or ring the police.” He stated.

“Simple, but it could work. We let him think that we are letting this happen.” Louis said.

I was getting uneasy.

Peter wanted to have this whole business behind.

If he did, why would he take you away and force you to marry him. 

I was right, if he wanted to start over he wouldn’t be doing something bad.

This is just what he wants, he manipulated me into thinking he was going to be good but really he is not doing anything he said he was just so I will make sure no one kills him.

I'm so stupid.

Well, it’s a good thing I didn’t say anything, I would have made a grave mistake.

“Ok it’s eight o’clock better get you ready Ari.” Stacy said smiling.

I groaned.

“This is just an excuse for you to do a make-over.” I glared at her.

“Yup, now in the bathroom.” She said.

Once we made it in the bathroom, we both sighed.

“You know, I can’t wait to do this properly when you get married. I will have a dress and everything then... Hell, I will even be invited.” Stacy said.

“Yeah, and until that day.” I said gesturing to all the stuff.

We sighed again.

I sat on the little stool, while Stacy started on my hair.