Chapter Twenty one

Chapter Twenty one

“Oh shit.”

“What are you doing Ari? This is supposed to be our wedding day?” he said desperately.

When he said this I saw him in a new light. It was like he needed me, not wanted me, needed me. If I was right and played my cards right, I could use this as an advantage.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly moved forwards. Ignoring the others protests.

“Peter, what are you doing? We discussed this remember. I wanted my friends and family at the wedding. You only get married once right.” I chuckled nervously; it seemed to be working as he lowered his gun. “You must have forgotten because you’ve been under so much stress lately, but it’s ok. They came early because the girls wanted to help me get ready and you know how long it takes girls to get ready.” I laughed.
I touched his arm, he put the gun away and out an arm around my waist.

It took everything inside me not to cringe away.

I looked towards everyone; all their expressions were a mixture of shock, relief and confusion. Elliot’s should out the most as he was glaring daggers at Peter... and me.

“Yeah, a-and you shouldn’t be talking or even seeing Ari, it’s bad luck now come on lets go get ready.” Stacy said. I noticed the gulp she told and the unsteady breath.

I smiled reassuringly at her.

“You’re right Stace, silly me. I will see you soon then baby.” Peter said kissing me.

I stood rigid not even blinking.

Peter bounded up the stairs.

I let me breath out not realising I’d been holding it.

“Since when has he been like that?” asked Louis.

“Just now. I didn't know what to do, I panicked. I thought he was going to hurt you guys. I didn’t mean what I said to him. I’m not going to marry him I swear.” I gulped looking at Elliot.

When he didn’t say anything and look away, I felt tears well in my eyes.

A few dropped down my cheeks but I wiped them away.

Why was he being like this? Did he really think I wanted to marry Peter?

“Ari, can you come here?” Peter shouted form upstairs making me jump.

“S-sure.” I shouted back.

“Louis can you take everyone up to my room please.” I said quietly.

Not looking at anyone I ran up the stairs.

I took a deep breath before I entered his room.

He was lying on his bed leaning against the head board.

“Shut the door.” He said forcefully.

I tried to ignore his tone but I couldn’t.

He stood up, grabbed me throwing me on the bed.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked suddenly terrified.

“Do you really think I’m that stupid and naive? Ari, I’ve been in this game longer than you’ve been born. Don’t try and trick me.” He slapped me hard across the face making me yelp.