Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

“Ok baby, are you ready to go?” Elliot asked as he finished strapping Elijah in his car seat.

“Yeah, let’s get out of this damned hospital.” I said smiling.

“Great.” Elliot picked up my bag and Elijah while I carried Addison.

I signed all the discharge papers allowing me to leave and the nurse gave us some advice on the babies.

“Thank you.” We said and walked to the elevator.

“Ah fresh air.” I said as we walked out of the hospital and into the warm air.

Elijah started stirring and by the look on his face he was going to start crying.

“Come on; let’s go get these little monkeys home.” I said and walked to the car.

Elliot unlocked the car doors and I strapped Addison in while Elliot done the same with Elijah. Once I checked a few times just to be safe and to have a clear mind, I jumped into the passenger seat while Elliot got into the driver’s seat and started up the engine heading home.

“Ari.” Elliot shook my shoulder; I groggily opened my eyes and saw that we were outside our house.

“Oh, did I fall asleep?” I asked sheepishly.

“Yes but you need it.” He smiled and kissed my temple.

We climbed out of the car and got the twins.

When you got inside, there was a welcoming party.

My Mom and Dad, Eva and Mike, Jake, Stacy, Riley, Toby, My Auntie and Uncle and a couple of men I didn't recognize. 

“Alex? George?” Elliot said when he walked into the living room.

“Hello buddy.” The one with sleek black hair and icy blue eyes covered with thick rimmed glasses, he was tall and lanky.

“What are you guys doing here? I thought you were in England?” Elliot said giving them each a hug when Eva grabbed hold of Elijah’s car seat.

“We were but when we heard you knocked a chick up and proposed to her, we just had to come, so we are staying until the wedding.” The other one said he was short and pudgy and had a head of thick blonde curls and warm chocolate brown eyes.

“Oh right well it’s good to see you guys.” Elliot said and gave them hugs again.

“Oh no... He’s trouble when they are around.” Jake whispered taking Addison from me.

I rolled my eyes... just what I need. They did look like trouble with a capital T.

Elijah started crying as Eva picked him up; she pouted and looked at me when he wouldn’t stop.

“He probably needs feeding.” I said and took him from her making sure to support his head.

There was a knock at the door and Mike went to get it.

“Stacy do you mind bringing up Addison for me, she needs feeding to.” I asked.

“Why can’t I?” Jake whined but keeping his voice low as he was holding her.