Stuck in the lair

Fuli and Bunga enter the lair. They find their friends waiting for them.
"Hey guys." Greets Fuli and Bunga nervously.
"Bunga! Fuli!" Smiles Kion running up them and nuzzles Fuli.
Fuli smiles and licks his cheek.
"My dad told us that because of the fire, a heat wave is coming and would like us to stay here in the lair." Informs Kion.
"So we're gonna be stuck in here until the heat wave is over?" Asks Bunga.
Kion nods. Bunga groans and falls onto his back. It looked pretty funny.

The guard was trapped in the lair for 3 days during the heat wave. Lucky for them there was no danger and no one needed help. During these 3 days, Kion couldn't help but feel like Fuli and Bunga weren't telling him something. He would often find them talking about something in private and Fuli kept on having nightmares.

It is now day 4 and once again Kion has seen Fuli shaking from a nightmare. He walks over and lays down beside her.
"Hey Fuli, can we talk?" He asks.
"Sure, about what?" Asks Fuli
"About the nightmares." Replies Kion.
Fuli looks at him with fear in her eyes. "I'd rather not."
'Please Fuli? I want to know what's bothering you.' Says Kion through thought.
'I've been having dreams about Scar and what he told me in the fire. He's coming for you, Kion. I'm scared.' Answers Fuli.
Kion didn't know what to say. He pulls Fuli closer and she rests her head on his paws while Kion rests his chin on her head.
'There's no need for you worry. I'm here and Scar won't hurt either of us; I promise.' He whispers in thought.
'I hope you're right.' Fuli replies.
They sit in silence worrying about Scar. Fuli spots Bunga giving her a worried look.
'I told him.' She says through thought.
Bunga nods and plays with the bugs to stop thinking about what Fuli told him before. 'He's coming, Bunga. He's coming for Kion.'

That night, no one in the lair could sleep. The heat kept them awake.
"It's so hot." Groans Bunga.
"This heat is intense, even at night." Agrees Beshte.
Kion is also awake and uses his mark to create a red light. He could see that everyone is awake. Kion sees Fuli's face when she uses her mark for a yellow glow, then Ono, then Bunga then finally Beshte.
"I don't know about you guys but I'm super tired but can't fall asleep." Says Ono.
The others agree.
"What are we gonna do?" Yawns Bunga.
"When I can't sleep, I listen to the crickets sing." Says Ono.
"But there aren't any crickets in here, Ono." Replies Beshte.
"Anyone know a lullaby?" Asks Kion.
Everyone shakes their head but then turn to Fuli.
"Do I have to sing?" She asks.
"Please?" Begs Bunga.
Fuli starts to sing the song her mother taught her.

'How can we rewrite the stars?
And say you were meant to be mine?
And nothing can keep us apart
Cause you were the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Taking the world to be ours'

Fuli sings so sweetly that everyone fell asleep almost instantly.
"I remember when you sang that when we were stuck in the Outlands." Whispers Kion.
"It always puts the sleepy heads to sleep." She laughs.
"The heat wave should be over any day now."
"Hope so but I'm still worried about Scar. What are we going to do?"
"I don't know. I'll ask Ono to take a look in the Outlands when the heat wave is over and then we'll work something out."
"Ok. Let's get some sleep. Night Kion."
"Night Fuli."
Kion and Fuli sleep side by side. They were glad that Bunga, Beshte and Ono were asleep or else they'd be awwing at them.

The next morning, the heat wave was finally over. Ono went to spy on the Outlanders.
"The heat wave has made me stronger and I think it's time to attack." Says Scar.
"What's the plan Boss?" Asks Janja.
"We attack the royal family. The guard won't know what hit them. Or should I say burnt them? HAHAHA!"
Ono gasps. "Hapana! I have to tell Kion."