Growing power

In the Outlands

"I sense everyone in the guard has unleashed their powers and they're only getting stronger." Growls Scar.
"Would you like us to kidnap one of them?" Asks Ushari.
"No Ushari. When we kidnapped Fuli, Kion somehow knew she was in trouble, meaning that they can contact each other. This must be their new power or powers. Janja!" Orders Scar.
"Yes Scar?" Asks Janja stepping forward.
"I want you to keep an eye on the guard, find out what their new abilities are. This should be easy but I want the skinks's to help out as well, just in case." Orders Scar.
"You got it boss. Let's move!"

In the Pridelands

The hyenas and skinks's kept a close eye on the guard for 2 weeks. The only discovered tracking, signalling and healing. They also noticed that they could only use their powers at full strength for 3 hours straight before getting tired.

"Nice work lion guard. Won't be long until you can keep this up for 4 hours then eventually 5, 6 and so on. Remember it is important that the longer you practice these abilities the more you stretch out your stamina." Explains Rafiki.
Fuli's ears twitch and she starts sniffing the air.
"Hey Kion, you smell that?" She asks.
Kion also sniffs the air. "Yeah, I smell it too."
"Hyenas." They say at the same time.
"Let's run fellas!" Panics Janja.
His pack follows him with the guard hot on their tails.
"Go back to the Outlands!" Orders Kion before roaring them the rest of the way.
The guard regroups and they cheer in victory...except Fuli.
"Fuli what's wrong?" Asks Kion.
"I don't know. I have a feeling that the hyenas were watching us but I feel like they're not the only ones." She replies.
"Ugh. Those creeps!" Says Ono shuddering.
"Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Everyone, make sure you keep an eye and ear out for anything suspicious."
Orders Kion. "Let's keep practicing our abilities. Like Rafiki said, we need to stretch our stamina."

In the Outlands

"What did you find out?" Asks Scar.
"We discovered that the guard has 3 new abilities but we don't know if there are others. They can only keep it up for 3 hours straight before needing a break. These abilities are signalling, tracking and healing. Replies Janja.
"We need a new plan and fast!" Yells Scar.
"Their marks give them an advantage but it will also be their downfall. What use would the marks give their wearers if there was an uncontrollable fire?" Hisses Ushari.
"Perfect! An uncontrollable fire! I'm so glad that I thought of this." Cheers Scar.
Ushari and Janja roll their eyes but were careful not to get caught by their master.
"Here's the plan. Everyone will have a stick set on fire and everyone will spread out. Hyenas to the zebra grazing grounds, jackals to the waterhole and the vultures will drop the sticks in the areas in between. Spread the word and get ready." Orders Scar.