The fire

A week has past and it is the start of the dry season. The Pridelands are growing dryer and the guard is growing stronger. The guard can now keep working their powers for 5 hours before needing a break.

The guard is practicing their skills at Hakuna Matata Falls. Bunga is trying to sharpen his claws in a log to see...well, if they get sharper until...

"OW! The pain! The agony!" Cries Bunga being over dramatic.
"What's wrong Bunga?" Asks Kion waking up from a nap.
"It better be worth waking up for." Snaps Fuli sitting up beside Kion.
"I got a splinter." Wines Bunga.
The guard groans in annoyance.
"Really Bunga?" Asks Ono.
"Yes! Aren't you meant to be the keenest of sight? Can't you see it?" Replies Bunga, defending himself.
"Sarcasm." Says Beshte gently.
"Oh. Right. (Winces) it's always the little ones that hurt." Says Bunga.
"Alright. Enough of this." Groans Fuli.
She walks up to Bunga and examines his paw.
"Don't pull it out!" Panics Bunga.
"Hey Bunga, is that a bug over there?"
"Oh! Where?"
Fuli grabs the splinter and pulls it out.
"OW!" Screams Bunga.
Fuli looks at Kion.
'Should I?' She asks through thought.
'Yes.' Replies Kion.
'(Groans)'
Fuli puts her paw over Bunga's mark. She watches the blue glow from his mark as well as the yellow from her own and heals Bunga's tiny wound.
"Better?" Asks Fuli.
"Much better. Thanks Fuli." Smiles Bunga.
Fuli lies down beside Kion. He opens one eye when he feels her fur brush against his.

Meanwhile in the zebra grazing grounds...

With the Hyenas
"Quick boys! We gotta get this fire spreading." Orders Janja.
"You got it Janja." Smiles Cheezi.
"Yeah boss." Laughs Chungu.
The hyenas spread out and using their fiery sticks, they set the dry grass on fire. Cheezi and Chungu make a circular shape in the fire and bump into each other.
"Hey! Watch it." Complains Cheezi.
Chungu sniffs the air. "Mmm. Someone's cooking. And why is it so hot all of a sudden?"
Cheezi and Chungu look at each other. They run around in their fiery cage screaming in pain and fear.
"Ahh! Hot! Hot! Hot!" Screams Cheezi.
"Janja! Help us!" Screams Chungu.
"Jump over the flames fur brains! They ain't that high." Snaps Janja.
Cheezi and Chungu jump over the flames barely getting their fury bottoms singed.
"Thanks Janja." Smiles Cheezi.
"You saved us." Continues Chungu.
"Yeah whatever. Let's hope the jackals and vultures do their part so we can get out of here." Mumbles Janja.

A short distance away, the vultures drop their fiery sticks and the jackals set the water hole on fire. The three groups made sure that it would be impossible to put out the flames. They eventually regroup.
"Alright fellas, let's get out of here away from the flames...for now." Orders Janja.
"But aren't we going back to the Outlands?" Asks ReiRei.
"No. We're gonna get a snack before going back HAHAHA." Laughs Janja.
"I second that. Anyone else who agrees say 'aye'" agrees Mzingo
Everyone agrees.

At Hakuna Matata Falls
"Kion, you smell that?" Asks Fuli waking up from her nap again.
Kion wakes up and smells the air. "Yeah, I smell it too. Ono, take a look."
Ono flies into the sky and sees a huge bush fire.
"Hapana! Everyone! There's a huge fire spreading and it's only getting worse." He reports.
"Havi Kabisa! Are there any animals in danger?" Asks Kion.
"I don't know. The smoke is too thick." Replies Ono.
"We gotta stop that fire. Till the Pridelands end!" Shouts the leader.
"Lion Guard Defend!" The others continue.

They run towards the fire. The size was unimaginable.
"Ugh! I can feel the heat from here!" Groans Bunga trying to shield his eyes from the bright glowing flames.
They watch panicking animals run away from the fire but they could also hear animals crying for help.
"The fire is moving too fast to stop it but there are animals that still need our help. Spilt up but be careful." Says Kion.
The split up into groups to find the lost animals.

"Is that everybody?" Asks Kion coughing from the smoke.
"I hope so." Replies Ono.
"Wait! There's a hyrax!" Says Bunga pointing through the flames.
"I got this!" Says Fuli scraping up the dirt ready to run.
"You can't do it alone. I'm in too." Replies Bunga hopping on Fuli's back.
"Be careful and hurry back." Says Kion.
Fuli and Bunga nod and they charge into the fire.
"Come here little guy." Says Bunga trying to catch the hyrax.
When he did, Fuli grabs him by his neck fur and turns back to the way they came.
"Hey watch the teeth!" Snaps Bunga.
Fuli ignores him and runs. She stops as soon as she sees a burning tree fall, blocking their path.
"Fuli! Bunga!" Shouts Kion from the other side of the tree.
"How are we going to get past?" Asks Bunga.
"Hold onto the hyrax as tight as you can." Instructs Fuli.
Bunga holds the hyrax and its face instantly turns red.
"WITHOUT choking it!"
"Oh, sorry little guy. What does this have to do with...AHH!"
Bunga screams at Fuli tosses him and the hyrax over the branch. Bunga lands on Beshte's back.
"Are you ok, little B?" Asks Beshte.
"Where's Fuli?" Asks Kion.
"I'm fine but Fuli is still stuck on the other side." Replies Bunga.
Kion runs to the burning tree and starts digging.
"Don't just stand there, help me dig to the other side!" He orders.

On the other side of the tree, Fuli had the exact same idea. She digs as fast as she can, making her paws completely black from dirt and ash. Her ears twitch when she hears evil laughter. Fuli turns to see hyenas and jackals surround her, their eyes reflecting the fire making them scarier than they actually are but that didn't scar Fuli one bit.
"Why, hello Fuli." Laughs Janja. "What are you doing here without your little friends?"
"YOU stared this fire didn't you!" Fuli growls.
"Smart little cheetah." Says ReiRei. "It's a shame that you and your friends saved most of the animals. We were about to feast but we can always make some arrangements."
"Yeah! I could go for some fast food." Laughs Cheezi.
"Hot and spotty food is my favourite." Says GoiGoi continuing with the puns.
"I like to cheetah to get my food." Says ReiRei.
"Your puns are terrible. Let's see if you can spot me when I'm through with you!" Challenges Fuli.
Cheezi and Chungu burst out laughing at her pun. The jackals and the other hyenas groan and slap themselves in the face. Fuli runs around in circles around them, creating a huge cloud made of dust and ash.
"Full speed ahead!" Laughs Fuli.
The hyenas and jackals cough at the dust and try to find Fuli.

Kion is still digging under the tree while Bunga, Beshte and Ono watch.
"Hey Kion, you know you and Fuli invented the high leap for a reason?" Says Bunga.
Kion stops digging. "Of course! Nice thinking."
"I, Bunga the wise, is at your service." Smiles Bunga.
Beshte stands as close as he can to the flames and Kion jumps onto his back and over the flames while carrying Bunga.
They find the hyenas and jackals and prepare for a fight.
"Where's Fuli?!" Roars Kion.
"If we knew we would already be after!" Snaps Janja.
"He's got a point." Says Bunga, only to get a glare from Kion.
"What are you doing in the Pridelands WHEN there's a fire?" Asks Kion.
"At least we know he's not as smart as Fuli." Mumbles ReiRei.
"Wait...YOU set this up!?" Says Kion.
"Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!" Cheers GoiGoi sarcastically.
"You guys have 10 seconds to run before I use my roar." Threatens Kion.
"We'll be leaving now!" Panics Janja, running away with the others not far behind.
"We need to find Fuli." Says Kion.
Bunga nods and they begin their search.

Fuli runs as fast as she can in the never ending fire. Fuli tried tracking and contacting the others but she couldn't see her mark glow in the fires light and her communicating seemed to be blocked. Each time she stopped, it seemed impossible to get back up again. Fuli stopped to cough from the chocking smoke, making her fall to the ground. She struggled to find her feet but she kept on running. After running for what seemed like forever, Fuli come face to face with a lion made from smoke and fire.

Scar

"Not you again!" She growled.
"What's the matter? Not surprised to see me?" Asks Scar.
Fuli growls and gives him a death glare.
"I'll take that as a no. I just wanted to let you know that I'm coming for Kion and I was wondering if you would like to play a little game? It's called cat and mouse or in this case, fire and cheetah!"Laughs Scar.
Fuli looks behind her and sees a fire wave making its way towards her. Fuli runs away leaving Scar laughing uncontrollably. The fire wave catches up to Fuli and burns her paws and tail. Fuli winces in pain and couldn't help but let a few tears fall. She runs as fast as she can until the fire eventually stops when Fuli nears the water hole. Fuli watches the flames turn back into a smokey cloud that disappears into the sky. Fuli coughs from the smoke and collapses onto the ash covered ground.