Power Awakens

Kion sits on a rock in the sun, feeling the wind fly through his fur. He enjoyed this peace and quiet.
'Is this how Fuli feels most of the time?' He asks himself.
Kion feels warmth getting hotter and hotter on his shoulder. He looks at his mark to see it glow yellow.
"What in the Pridelands?"
Kion touches the mark and almost as if he was there, he sees Fuli being dragged by Makucha.
"Oh no! Fuli!" He panics.
Kion didn't recognise the area so he didn't know where to go. He tried touching the mark again but it didn't work. He notices the mark glowing brighter whenever he moves it to face the Outlands. Without wasting a second, Kion charges towards the Outlands.

In the Outlands
"Nice job, Makucha. Looks like we'll be having cheetah tonight." Laughs Janja.
"I did what you asked. What now?" Asks Makucha, interrupting Janja's laughter.
Janja looks at the unconscious cheetah then back at the leopard.
"The boss would like to know more about these new powers bubbling inside them. Scar sensed Fuli's power growing and knew she would be the first to unleash them." Answers Janja.
"Let's go." Snarls Makucha, taking Fuli by the scuff and dragging her to the volcano.

"Greetings Makcucha." Smiles Scar. "I see you have completed the task. I'm glad I gave it to you and not these idiots."
The hyenas growl at Scar's comment but he didn't hear them and couldn't care less if he did.
"I'm glad that you did. It's been a while since I've beaten a member of the guard." Replies Makucha, eyeing Fuli.
"Yes. The guard doesn't know that Fuli is here, so they won't come looking for her. We have plenty of time to find out what power is growing." Says Scar.
"Think again Scar!" Booms a voice.
"Kion?" Asks Janja, surprised.
Kion jumps down from his rock and starts attacking the hyenas. Makucha grabs Fuli and makes a run for it but Fuli's weight slowed him down (She's not that heavy! Just work with me). Kion roars the hyenas further into the Outlands and runs after Makucha.
"Stop right there!" He yells.
"Kion." Growls Makucha.
"LET...FULI...GO!" Kion orders.
"As you wish." He snarls.
Makucha drops Fuli and steps aside. Kion runs to her side and nuzzles her cheek.
"Fuli, wake up."
Fuli opens her eyes a tiny bit, still dazed by the blow.
"Kion?" She asks before closing her eyes again.
Kion looks up to see Makucha circling them.
"She's so weak and fragile. Why did you her on the guard again?" He laughs.
Kion gives him a death glare and growls.
"Don't you dare talk about Fuli like that!"
"Aww. Is the lion cub upset that I hurt his love? Pathetic." Mocks Makucha.
Kion snaps and attacks him. Makucha expected this and dodges the attack.
"Ya missed." He mocks.
Kion growls and and scratches Makucha's chest. He groans in pain. Kion hits him in the face until Makucha collapses.
"Alright, fine! You win! Leave me alone!" He groans.
Kion watches Makucha run away. He turns to Fuli who is still on the ground. He licks her forehead to wake her.
"Come on Fuli, wake up." Says Kion, desperately.
He puts a paw on Fuli's injury and the other paw on his mark. Kion feels the warmth of the mark under his touch. He concentrates his power on Fuli and feels heat coming from her mark. Kion removes his paw from his shoulder and looks at Fuli. He nuzzles her cheek and she stirs.
"Kion? What happened?" She asks.
"You were attacked by Makucha." Kion answers.
Fuli looks at her shoulder and sees the scratch gone.
"How did...?" Asks Fuli
"Scar said something about a growing power in us. I think this is what he meant. We should talk to Rafiki about this." Says Kion.
She nods and tries to stand.
"Take it easy, Fuli. You're hurt." Says Kion.
"I'll be fine. I never thought I'd say this but, we'll have to move...slowly." Fuli groans.
Kion helps her walk to the lair. It took longer than expected because Fuli is still weak.