CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

THE PRINCE | eighteen.

B.

"So...you and Justin seem to be close."

"Door?" I whispered looking up at the large door I pressed against. "Is that you?"

"Haha. Nice try, Baby," they say. "Care to explain what you and Justin were doing?"

I slowly turn around and see Clara standing in front me with her arms crossed in front of her chest. She looked down at her freshly manicured hands and sighed. "I'm waiting..."

"Well, you see," I let out a nervous laugh. "Justin and I were simply talking about uh, we were talking about..." My lips were slightly purses as I squinted my eyes. I moved my hands, "Uh, y'know." I clear my throat.

"No, I don't know," she says moving her hands, giving me a face.

"Were you just mocking me? Because if so, I do not look like that."

"How would you know? You didn't just see yourself," she shot back.

"W-Who even knows what you see?" I wave my hands in front of my eyes. "Maybe your eyes are messed up and we don't even know," I put my hands on my hips. "Maybe you should go to sleep and take a break," I say walking over to her. I began to guide her over to the stairs until she stopped me.

"No way. I know what I saw," she says stopping in her tracks. "Are you and Justin...," she looked around. "Dating?" she whispers lowly.

"No, no," I shake my head. "We were just talking. We were totally just talking."

"Baby, I know it may come to you as a shock, but I am not blind. I know what I saw."

"Clara, please don't tell anyone," I beg. "We really aren't dating. We're just... Well, I don't know, but don't tell anyone."

"Relax. I won't tell," she assures me.

"Okay, good," I whisper nodding my head.

"But I have a question."

My face drops. "Goodie," I whisper clasping my hands together. "What's your question?"

"How long have you guys been going on?"

"A little bit after we met at that banquet, but we're not dating," I remind her. "We're simply just friends."

"...With benefits."

"No, just friends," I repeat.

"Wow so...this whole time--"

"--I know, it's weird and--"

"--He chose you over me." She put her hands on her chest as she scrunched up her face. "Over me?" she repeats pointing to herself.

She's so lucky her accent makes everything sound prettier. I'm not even surprised that all she got from this entire conversation.

"How will that even work?" she says. "You live in the bloody states and he's a prince. I so did not see this coming," she shakes her head. She turns to the stairs and begins moving up slowly step by step. "You over me?" she whispers to herself. "Wow."

I roll my eyes as I followed closely behind her. This girl needs to step off her pedestal. But if this is the way she can keep the secret to herself then all is well.

Things are good. Things are okay. Justin and I are still under wraps and there is nothing to worry about.

The next of couple of days were great. Justin and I spent more time alone together, giving us more time to learn more about each other.