CHAPTER FIVE.

THE PRINCE | five.

BABY.

Justin laughed softly then said, "Is this your first time in Monte Carlo?"

"Yes," I smiled lowering my hand. "Wait-- You," I directed my finger at him. "You're the one who got me the map."

"Yes," he chuckled. "I see you found your way back safely."

"Oh, yeah, no. I was fortunately saved by their driver Leo. Thank you though."

"No problem," he licked his bottom lips slowly. "Since you aren't seeing someone, would you like to dance?" he asked.

"Sure," I smiled giving him a half-shrug. He put out his hand which I gladly took.

Oh gosh, what have I done?

My heart thumped rapidly against my chest as he guided me to the middle of the dance floor. As we walked, I silently prayed that I won't trip or step on his feet. My eyes darted down to his shoes. His very expensive looking shoes.

His hand found his way to the small of my back only making me grow a bit hot. I quickly glanced to my side, I could see other people begin to stare at Justin. I would say us, but we all know I'm not the royal one here.

Breathe, Baby. Breathe.

Justin stopped at the center of the ballroom, right above an intricate design on the marble floor. I looked down at my feet which were covered by the floor-length gown I was wearing. Taking my hand in, he pulled me closer to him.

The scent of his cologne engulfed me and his touch began to make me dizzy. We moved slowly to the soft, French music playing in the background.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I could not find myself looking into his eyes. My eyes wandered around until they landed on a painting in the far distance. It looks like... well, I don't know what it looks like. I want to say it looks like a potato, but I have a very strong feeling that I'm wrong.

I really don't understand art.

"Baby?"

I hummed softly keeping my eyes on the painting.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I refrained from biting my lips as I kept my eyes on the (possibly a) potato painting.

"You're not really looking at me. Did I do something wrong?"

I turned over to him quickly. I opened my mouth but words could not seem to get out. "No. no. I just, uh--" I couldn't even look at him for more than three seconds before breaking our eye contact. "I'm just a bit--" I paused. "--nervous."

"Can I ask why?"

"Well," I sighed readjusting my hand on his shoulder. "There are many people staring at us right now." My eyes landed on a group of young women with cold expressions on their faces. "Some look very, very upset may I add," I say looking away from them. "And if I'm honest, I'm a bit nervous to be dancing with a--"

"--prince."

"Yes. Exactly," I say finally looking at him.

"Would you like to go somewhere more private?"

Before I could even answer, he was already guiding me through the crowd. I guess we're going somewhere private.

3RD.

"Where do you think they're going?" Clara whispered to Nicole and Violette as she hid behind a pillar so she could effectively spy on Baby and Justin.