CHAPTER ONE.

THE PRINCE | one.

BABY.

I looked through the window of my mother's car, slightly fidgeted in my chair in nervousness. As time passed, my anxiety heightened. Tucking a strand of my hair behind my ears, I tugged at a piece of dead skin on my lips.

I moved my hand over my chest in attempt to calm my nerves. I breathed in and out slowly feeling as though my heart about to pop out of my chest. I closed my eyes briefly as I leaned my head back against the headrest.

"Baby..." I heard my mom speak up. "Baby," she dragged out my name as she reached over and held my hand. "Don't be nervous. You've flown a bunch of times."

"Yeah, but not without you," I said turning my head towards her. "I still don't understand why you can't come."

"You'll be fine," she rubbed the pad of her thumb against the back of my hand. "And you know why I can't come. I can't fly with this big belly plus Steven and I still have some wedding plans to handle."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know," I muttered looking away. "My little brother hasn't even arrived yet and he's already stealing you away from me," I pouted.

"You're so dramatic," she laughed softly. "We're almost there," she squealed with excitement. I looked out the window and saw the sign to the airport.

"Oh gosh, I'm going to have a heart attack," I let go of her hand and moved both hands on my chest. "Is this what a heart attack feels like?"

"You're so dramatic," she rolled her eyes playfully.

I sighed putting my hands down. I grabbed my phone that laid on my lap and went to the music app. "One more jam sesh?" I asked gesturing to my phone.

"It's a must."

"What shall be the lucky song we play?" I scrolled through my phone until I stopped at one of our favorites. The song began to play causing a large smile to appear on my mom's face.

"Gosh, I love this song," she smiled. She tapped her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat. I turned up the music knowing that our favorite part was coming.

"I'm a flirt," we sang in unison. "Soon as I see her walk up in the club...I'm a flirt!"

I turned to my mom who was doing the sprinkler as if she wasn't driving the car. I laughed out loud throwing my head back as the music kept going. I swayed side to side to the music which was fortunately distracting me for the time being. Eventually the song ended meaning that reality began to sink in and we were now at the airport.

"Do you have everything?" she asked me as she pulled out my suitcase from the trunk.

"Yeah," I said then pressed my lips together. "I don't think I want to go anymore," I say letting my nerves get the best of me.

"What do you mean you don't want to do this anymore, baby?" she brought her arms to the side of my arms. "You've been dreaming to go to Monaco! Monte Carlo is your screensaver and has been for the longest time! Don't let your nerves take over. I'll only be a call and text away. We can even facetime, but only if you're in wifi. We don't have the international plan."

I laughed softly as I looked down at the ground. I pressed my hands to my cheeks then moved them up to my hair. Gosh, my hair. It even felt like a mess.

"Your flight is soon. You should probably go now. Security is a bitch. I love you, baby," she engulfed me in a warm embrace. An embrace I didn't want to let go.

"I love you too, mom."

We pulled away from each other staring at each other's blue-green eyes. "Promise me you won't forget me?" she asked jokingly bringing her pinky up. I rolled my eyes playfully, mimicking her actions.