CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

don't forget to read the end note at the end of this chapter. happy reading! xx - SG

THE PRINCE | sixteen.

B.

"Baby you braved it. I understand you had a bad day and shit," I sang softly to Edition by Rex Orange County as I apply several coats of mascara to my eyes.

Justin called the villa and told me to be ready by seven which is in about ten minutes. I was cutting it close, but in my defense, I would've been ready by now if my mind didn't keep wandering off to Justin.

I feel like one of those girls in the movies where they have fallen head over heels over a guy. I used to ask myself, 'How much could they really like that guy?', but now I'm one of them.

Personally, I feel as though it's Justin's fault for being so darn cute. If he wasn't, I wouldn't think of him as much as I do. For example, Justin came over two days ago. I initially planned for that day to be a chill day. I didn't have plans to go and look at anything. It was just going to be me, myself and I. That was until Justin decided to stop by.

So there we were in the backyard sitting in front of each other on the grass where Justin decided to teach me some French.

"Repeat after me," he says. "Justin..."

"Justin..." I repeat.

"Pense..."

"Pense?" I question.

He nods his head and continues, "Baby est..."

"Baby est..."

"Un belle fille."

"Un belle..." I pause. "Say it again," I scrunch my eyebrows, biting my lip.

"Fille," he repeats.

"Fille," I affirm.

"Now say it all together," he says.

"Justin...pense Baby est un belle fille," he says at the same time as me.

"What does that mean?"

"Justin thinks Baby is a beautiful girl," he grins.

I couldn't help but blush. I look away shaking my head in amusement. "You are so corny," I laugh moving my hands on each side of his face. I give him a chaste kiss. "Thank you. You're not too bad either."

Okay, back to reality Baby.

A small smile appeared on my face as I applied a light coat of blush on the apples of my cheeks. Justin will be here any minute and it has made me feel all giddy and happy inside.

"Baby," I hear Leo call out. I gasp lightly and then get off the chair. I look at my reflection one last time before walking out of the room to the stairs.

"Is he here?" I ask Leo who stood at the end of the stairs.

"Almost," he says.

"Oh, okay." I looked down at my dress and smoothed out any visible wrinkles. I smooth my dress down under me before sitting down on one of the steps.

He lets out a small sigh as he sits down next to me. "Oof. I am getting old," he chuckles.

"You don't look a day over thirty," I giggle.

"Ah, I like that," he laughs. "I have a question for you...Are you involved with le prince?" he asks curiously.

"Uh. Y'know, I uh," I stammered before clearing my throat. My eyes land on the front door as I continue to struggle to get any words out. "Uh. I...We're...friends. Yeah, friends."