Don't

//Your POV//

(A/n : From this chapter on, there's going to be huge Cuphead spoilers, so pause from reading this book and play the game or watch a gameplay on YouTube if you don't know the story. You have been warned.)

Soon enough the train had stopped and we were at whatever place Dice had to go.

"Y/n, I want you to listen to me alright?" He Said.

"Okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Stay very close to me. Most people, or toons here, don't really enjoy the presence of humans," Dice told me.

'Toons?' I thought.

"Alright," I nodded regardless of not knowing what a toon is.

I'm guessing a toon is what Dice is, a being that looks different than humans yet acts the same.

I'm just going to stay quiet and look at the ground.

We walked and I held Dice's arm tightly, trying not to be seen.

"Hey..nothing to be afraid of, there's no need to cling like that," He paused, looked at me, and sighed "Fine, if it makes you more comfortable."

"Thank You," I whispered.

As we walked further into town, the louder the chatter got.

"Ew, what's that smell? It smells like human!" Someone Complained.

I didn't even bother to look up to see them.

(Toons are like the spirit people from Spirited Away, they can smell humans and it's apparently a bad smell)

"Ugh! That Guy has got human stench all over him!" Someone shouted in disgust referring to Dice.

"P.U.!" A child's voice rang.

"Wait a minute..that guy's familiar," One Said.

This now, I can tell because I actually looked up at him, made Dice start to sweat as if he didn't want to be recognized.

"You're right, mate! Ain't he that King Dice fella that fled here after the Devil was defeated?" Another one whispered.

'Wait what? The Devil? Okay, this is getting worrying," I thought again.

"Dice, You Okay?" I asked him whispering.

No Answer.

"Dice...c'mon you can talk to me," I tugged on his arm.

Tears began welding in his eyes.

"I tried so hard..." He began with a whisper.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"I tried so hard to keep you safe from my past and what I've done and now thanks to this fucker, it's halfway spilled," Dice clenched his fist.

"Dice it's alright, you don't have to explain anything to me. Just ignore them," I tried to reassure him but failed.

He didn't answer me this time and pulled away from my grasp.

"Dice?" I Said one more time until he walked towards the guy with the accent.

"You want to fight, mate?" The one with accent put his fists up.

Without warning, Dice forced a punch to the guy's stomach and threw him to the ground by his ankle.

Dice had beaten him up some more without getting hit until the guy started pleading for mercy.

"W-Wait! I was o-only bluffin' mate, p-please have m-mercy!" The Accent guy begged while he laid on the ground.

"Heh," Dice only chuckled and grabbed him by his blood stained shirt and got ready to give him another blow to the face until I intervened.

"Dice, stop!" I shouted.

He paused and looked at me.

"Don't," I told him.

I will never forget the face he gave me.

His eyes were empty and dark, not showing any sort of mercy.

A sick, twisted smile plastered his face while the rest of his face was clustered with tears, mixing with some of the blood splatters on his face.

Dice was totally unrecognizable.

He dropped the accent guy and walked towards me.

In fear, I slowly walked backwards, until I stopped, for some odd reason.

He took his blood ridden hands and cupped them on my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"Don't," He repeated.

I jumped back.

"What were you thinking?!" I yelled at him.

"You said you would think I'm a good person either way," He frowned.

"Dice, I think you are a good person but this is not the way," I told him.

"I'm...." He paused.

He looked at the guy, then looked at me, the one who began crying.

"I'm so sorry," He apologized.

He hugged me and I hugged him back.

I can't help but forget him.

Sure he almost killed a guy but, he wasn't in the right set of mind.

"Stop there, King Dice," A new voice spoke up.

He looked up from our embrace.

I looked behind me and saw two kids with Cups for heads with straws coming out of each.

"You..Y/n I want to run as fast as you can away from here. I promise I'll find you," Dice told me.

"What? Why?" I asked him.

"No time to explain," He simply answered.

"You're not going anywhere," The Red one Said.

"She didn't do anything, just let her go," Dice shouted, defending me.

"Ma'am, if you come with us, we can send you on a train home," The Blue one Spoke.

"Yeah, we might just let you off the hook, but King Dice has to come with us, he's done somethings that can't be excused," The Red one Said.

"Y/n just go!" King Dice yelled.

The Red Guy then spoke the one thing they've all been asking;

"WHO DO YOU TRUST?"