Chapter 5

Ian's POV

Waking up in a single roomed apartment by yourself is not the best way to spend your life. I never thought my life would turn out this way. Ever since I was called into Camp Crystal Lake for the murder investigation of a young couple my life has turned upside down. I used to have a wonderful marriage with my wife and I had a beautiful teenage daughter.

In the police force I was the grizzled veteran, I have never had a single case that has disgusted me or made me look away. I was in my room trying to relax on my only day off this week when all of a sudden the phone went off. Grunting I grabbed the phone and breathed in deeply. 

"Fallon, you know this is my only day off, why must you interrupt it...”

"Ian, I know this is your day off but this is an emergency get down to Camp Crystal Lake right now, there's been a very bad murder and we need you to get down here immediately". 

"I'll be down there in 20 minutes". Clicking the button, I turned off the phone and put it back on the charger, grabbing my coat I walked out of my house and was on my way. Not knowing what I was about to see would change my life forever

                                                                             *** 

When I finally arrived at Crystal Lake, I looked around and saw there were at least 5 cop cars and 6 paramedics.

"Something must be really bad"... I muttered to myself 

Ducking over the police tape surrounding the area. I wearily walked over to the crime scene. My first glance at the bodies weren't bad. I took a closer look and I was mortified to see it was my daughter... 

I knew she said she was going out for the night! But she said she was going to her friend’s house not Crystal Lake. I tried to fight back the flowing tears that were falling from my face. I haven't cried in over 16 years. 

I turned away from the crime scene and vomited. I looked behind me and realized Fallon was behind me. 

"Ian, I'm so sorry you had to see this, here's some coffee it'll help a little bit with the shock. I sat down and slowly drank it. I wiped away the last parts of my tears and looked at Fallon.

"Fallon, I swear to God, if it is the last thing I do, I will find the son of a bitch that did this and I will brutally murder him the way he killed my daughter."

With those words I turned around and walked in the other direction back to my car. 

"Wait, Ian come back we still need your help". Turning around with glaring eyes I looked at him and yelled from across the field. 

"I QUIT"... and with that I walked away never to be a police officer again