Chapter 2

Jessica's POV

It was a brisk day outside, I tapped my fingers on the desk as I waited anxiously for my father to come downstairs. "Alright dad, get up now". I knew I had to get to school as quick as possible. My boyfriend Brady and my best friend Allison were waiting for me right now at the entrance to the school. I ran towards the stairs and peeked up, I saw my dad Tony quickly running down the stairs while fiddling to put on his tie. My dad was a hardworking man who had to deal with a lot as a construction worker.

Half the time I can't even figure out how he manages to work on this kind of schedule. Seven in the morning until Eight at night. That's a regular work shift for him. It's scary thinking about it. As I looked back towards him, his tie was put on correctly and he was now pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Took you long enough to get ready dad" I muttered to myself, just loud enough so he couldn't actually hear me. Grabbing his coffee from the counter, we both rushed outside to the waiting car. We hopped into it and hightailed out out of the driveway and in the direction of the school. As we drove to the school, I looked at myself in the small car mirror. This might sound cocky, but I looked like perfection and I knew it.

Well when you're one of the leading popular girls in junior year, it's kind of hard not to look this good. I applied some lipstick and smacked my lips. Looking right was a must for me, if you strive for popularity like I do, well you need beauty. I grabbed the comb I keep for emergencies from the compartment and brushed my long silky blonde hair.

This was going to be a good party. I thought to myself... It was going to be perfect. Just like me!

Brady's POV

As I walked through the school with Allison I saw all heads turn towards me. I gave a toothy grin. I had perfect teeth and a perfect life. Looking around I knew that everyone knew who I was and strives to be. It was nothing new. Captain of the football team... Check. Most popular kid in school... Check. Dating the most popular girl at school... Almost check

I sighed knowing that well Jessica might be one of the most popular girls in school she was not the most popular girl. That honour would go to her best friend and partner in crime Allison. The girl I was walking with, it was hard not to stare at her today. She was wearing a low-cut shirt that exposed her breasts and a skirt that showed off her long slender legs. Too say she was hot was an understatement.

I thought back to yesterday night when I was at Jessica's house for dinner. She had invited me over to meet her dad for the first time and get to know the family a little more. I had been okay with that but I knew I had better things to actually do. When we finished dinner she took me upstairs. I was excited because I thought we were finally going to have sex.

But instead she started to telling me all about this crazy scheme of hers to become the most popular girl in the school, officially dethrone Allison from that role. She was going to throw her Sweet Sixteen party at the local campsite Camp Crystal Lake. Personally I thought it was a bad idea.

I had heard all the rumours regarding the pyscho who lives in the woods and kills anyone who trespasses the area. My one friend swore he saw him when he and his girlfriend were about to have sex. They told me they saw a man wearing a hockey mask and he had a very long machete. They didn't wait to get answers. Instead they ran to the car and drove off.

The whole night I tried to convince her that it was a bad idea but she never listens to me. She's just way too stubborn. The party was this weekend and I didn't know what to do. Hopefully no one shows up and it'll be over just like that. It would be a popularity buzz kill and her reputation would be ruined.. Then I could dump her and date Allison. A kid could dream right...?

Jessica's POV

As I walked into my school Centennial High, I noticed my boyfriend and best friend waiting for me. They were all smiles as I greeted each of them. Allison with a tight hug and Brady with a passionate kiss. I leaned into Brady and whispered into his ear. "The party is going to be awesome. Don't you agree?” I expected to see him all smiles but instead he looked like he was guilty of something. "Yeah, it's going to be something all right"... His voice trailed off as he spoke. I looked at him curiously.

As we walked hand in hand through the school I tried to figure out what was wrong with him. "Is everything okay Brady? I asked him with just a hint of anger in my voice. I didn't mean to sound angry it's just when I get agitated that's how my voice gets like.

"Everything's just dandy, I just can't wait for your party. He gave me that hot smile of his and I just melted a little inside. I counted myself as lucky for dating the star football player. It felt pretty awesome knowing that I'm the one he chose and not someone like Allison. But as we continued to walk through the school together, so many thoughts went through my head.

Are we the it couple of this school? What do people think of us? Is this party going to be a bust or will it make me the popular girl instead of Allison. I wasn't extremely jealous of her but a tiny part of me hoped that this party would make me more popular then she ever was.

With all these thoughts swimming through my head. I couldn't help but form a smile on my face. I looked around the school, and thought to myself... In only a week, I will be the one running this school; I will be the head girl. This place will be my domain. I grinned at the thought of it. First step to all this, throwing that party at Camp Crystal Lake