Come To Me

(y/n)'s POV 

After speaking to my Mom and the doctors, I had apparently been out cold for the last couple of days. They said that they weren't sure what had made me faint, but think it was probably the stress from the news about Ash that was the main cause. 

Mrs. Stephens had come into see me yesterday to give me a few things that she knew Ash would've wanted me to have. Smiling gently as i looked at them I felt my eyes glaze over with tears and a few fell onto my lap as I looked at the things that were what I had left of Ash. A few of her drawings that I had always told her I loved, there was a bracelet that I had helped her pick out a couple years ago to match a pair of earrings that she had, and those were one of the few things given to me as well. 

Her Mom had told me that I could go over to the house after I was feeling better to pick out anything else that was left in her room, and the thought of it felt a little odd. I had been in her room a thousand times before, even a few times without her. It had just felt so different now that I knew she wasn't around. 

Handing the small trinkets and drawings that were given to me over to my mom for her to put in my room I sighed gently. Tomorrow they were discharging me and I was free to go home. I was told that I was given the rest of the week off of school too, but the thought of going back made my heartache. Hearing the heart monitor next to me pick up in its beeping and a few nurses come in they stopped in their tracks as they saw me still sitting up. The head nurse nodded for the others to leave and she walked over to me and sat on the side of the bed. 

"Hey hun." she said. "Do you want me to give you anything to help you relax?" she asked as she looked at me. Shaking my head I sighed gently. My voice getting caught in my throat for a moment. "No, I won't be able to take any of that home with me." I said. Hearing her sigh gently she looked at me. "I can ask the doctor to make you a prescription for something to help with any anxiety or sleep issues." 

Shrugging gently I looked down. "I don't know, whatever you think is best." I said. Nodding as she stood up she put her hand on my arm and rubbed it gently before going back to the nurse's station. Sitting there as I looked at my hands for a moment I furrowed my brows as a headache started. Grimacing as I heard a voice surrounded by static I covered my ears to no avail. 

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Come to me.

Feeling my heart rate kick into overdrive as the voice continued to ring in my ears, I heard the sneakers squeaking on the tile floor of the hospital as the nurses rushed back in. Two of them grabbed my hands and pulled them from my ears before another injected me with something that immediately made the voice fade out and the headache go away. Laying down as the meds started to work, I watched as my mom came back into the room and dropped the hot cup of coffee onto the floor as she saw me. Her hands raising to her face in shock. 

Going into the same abyss of darkness as before, but the only difference was that there wasn't any memories floating around with me. I didn't hear the sound of laughter or voices in general. It was just the sound of silence. I didn't know what was going on. Who was that voice? Why did it have so much static around it. Is there something wrong with me? I had too many questions and not a single answer. 

Looking around as I floated slowly through the abyss I sighed gently. Where did everything go wrong? This can't be because of Slender; The Arrival? Maybe that could be why, I shouldn't have bought that game. Maybe then Ash would still be alive and I wouldn't be in the hospital. Life would be boring and utterly normal as it should have been. 

"Come to me." 

My ears perked up as I heard that voice again. As soon as I heard it I started to fall through the abyss instead of just floating slowly. Screaming as I tried to grab at the air, I felt my eyes water and my clothes and hair get pushed from the wind as i fell. Why was I falling? 

Feeling something grab onto my waist, and I stopped falling I looked around. Feeling the static again as my feet touched solid ground I knelt down and covered my ears and closed my eyes. The static started to die down after a few moments and I looked up slowly before standing. Seeing an outline of someone standing not far from me I blinked gently. 

"Who are you?" I asked as I stepped closer to the being. Watching his head tilt for a moment I heard a voice, though this time it was normal. "I hold the answers you seek, when you awake go towards the forest on the southwestern part of town. Wait for me to appear before you and I'll tell you all that you wish to know." After he told me that he was gone and I woke back up. 

Rewritten 6/20/21

(977 words) 

This is the last part that I had to rewrite and everything on from this point will be new plot. There might be a bit of a wait while I figure out the layout for the rest of the story. Stay tuned for now, I hope you've liked the story so far and I'll try and update soon!