"That's It?"

(y/n)'s POV 

With the next area loaded I was able to walk out of the mine shaft, and I was on the top of the mountain. The sun was peeking through the trees as it was setting again. Time sure does seem to fly when you spend it running for your life.  Looking at the trees as they were glowing with the sun as it was getting to be fall. Walking around towards the left, I ended up finding a note on the fence I read it. 

Kate had been in the woods and was found with a broken camera and a bag of drawings. It was signed by CR so this might end up being tied to Slender: The Eight Pages. The game that I played not long ago. Though that would mean that Kate has been being haunted by Slender since she and CR were kids. I know they used to play in the woods as kids from the other letters that I've found. Kate must have been the character you play in Slender: The Eight Pages and this one is the sequel to it and the aftermath of that one. Curious. 

Watching as the sun was starting to set I walked towards the mountain and followed the path. There was another note that I grabbed and put it in the collection. CR was starting to panic about not being able to sleep, keeping everything locked and not wanting to be in their house anymore. Finding a small cave I walked into it to be met with a shack that had a note on the side of the door. 

'I want to die' being written all over it. Feeling a little sad as I put that into my pocket before I continued moving. Wandering around the inside of the building there were a few notes here and there, nothing but gibberish being written on the page. Gulping a bit as I turned the corner I was met with an old TV. Looking at it as I stepped closer I pushed the play button on it and watched as Kate was scribbling away on her bed. 

She picked up her camera after hearing something and mumbling a quiet and terrified filled 'He's here'. Watching as she scrambled around her house to shut and lock windows and doors to keep something I guessed to be Slender out of the house.  After not being able to she ran back towards her room only for Slender to show up behind her and throw her out the window like he had done to me earlier. 

He really has no respect for people and their windows. Coming out of the small screen I was able to move around again. Turning to leave the building there was another scribble on the wall about the radio tower. Kate was getting desperate before she went missing and was inevitably abducted and brain washed by Slender. Finding that I left the building and was able to see the blinking red light of the radio tower on the top of the mountain. Heading towards it there were a few more notes. One had been from CR telling Kate to meet him by the street in an hour and bring the things that he left another note for. The last thing was to not tell Lauren. 

I'm guessing that Lauren is my character that's been out here trying to find Kate. Following the path in the small cave there was a bunch of writing on the wall of laughter and a note with it. Someone was worried about a burden that was placed upon someone they knew after letting in who I assumed was Slender. Getting out of the cave the forest was on fire and stepping out of the cave opening Slender was trying to stop me from getting to the radio tower. 

Trying to avoid him and the fire I ran around the forest as I tried to get towards the tower on the top of the mountain. Weaving around it I was able to get out of it as my character started to cough a little from the smoke and heat. Reaching the tower I ran into a building to hide from the flames. Seeing some barrels I walked around to figure out what I needed in here. A prompt came up to find a key so I started to look for that. Finding it on top of a crate I ran around the building as I came up to a door to find out my flashlight died after being thrown on the ground and everything. 

There was a room that was on fire with a burned corpse under a sign that said 'I failed you'. Clicking on the camera that was next to it, I heard what sounded like the final moments of whoever CR was. After it stopped playing silence fell around the room before a banging was heard making me jump. Watching as flashes of Slender popped up and then everything went dark. Watching as the name of the game developers scrolled by I leaned back in my chair dumbfounded. "That's it?" 

Rewritten 6/17/2021 

The next three parts for this book, have nothing to do with the previous parts. This story has been being rewritten and not all of them have been done yet. When the next three are reworked then after that will be entirely new plot development.