The Chaser

(y/n)'s POV 

Stepping into the mine after I loaded back into the game, I pulled the flashlight from my pocket and moved it around to see around the walls. There was a lot of barrels around and old storage containers. Listening to my footsteps bounce off the walls, I found a door on the left and walked inside it. Grabbing a warning sign from the fence that was there I read it before sighing heavily. 

"Six generators to power a lift, these people need better generators if it takes that many." I mumbled as I went to find them and turn them on. Because that wont make any noise so I get found faster by the faceless giant that is actually well dressed. Guess Slender has some class. Finding another note I read it  and rose a brow. 

Someone was trying to get Kate to come out into the woods so they could show her them. How beautiful they are, but instead of it being a typed note, it was written but with more hectic handwriting than the previous ones had. What happened to this CR guy? 

There was a newspaper on the wall detailing the mining company that bought the land it was sitting on currently. Wandering around rooms with chain links fences there was a doorway that went back towards a large area that had a lot of white arrows on the ground pointing towards the first generator. 

Walking over to it and turning it on, there was a lot of thumping noises and the lights for a new area kicked on. Heading towards that I found one with a bunch of lockers on a couple of walls, like they would be lined for schools. Turning a corner there was another there. Making that there was three and halfway there. Wandering around to find the next generator that I needed, I watched as a bunch of colors popped up on my screen and I started to hear buzzing. 

Slender was back and he was close. Running a little as I tried to get away from wherever he was standing I ran down another hallway. "I'm sorry I stole your shitty drawings." I said as i ran off. Seeing a glowing red light I ran towards the light and turned it on. Stopping when I heard a faint huffing noise and footsteps. Turning around I was met with a person in a white hoodie and dark hair jumping on me and knocking me over. Dropping the flashlight and watching the light dance around the room as it spun a little. I did my best to get this bitch off of me. 

Getting her off of me and sitting against the nearest wall as i panted. I watched as it ran around the corner and out of my sight. What the hell was that? Grabbing the flashlight again I got up and panted gently. From what I know of the pastas that involve Slender and turn into his proxies, that might be Kate The Chaser. Does that mean that the original Kate from the notes is now working for or being controlled by him? 

Starting moving again I walked along the hallways before I jumped and saw The Chaser on top of me once again. Watching as a Retry screen popped up I sighed gently and started the chapter again. Ending up back at the beginning of the mine I wandered around again trying to see if the generators were in the same spots or if they were randomized. 

Finding a couple red glows pretty quickly I was able to hear the panting and the footsteps of The Chaser. Turning around to see her turn a corner, I focused the light on her to see her stop and shield her eyes like she's been living in the dark for her whole life. Clicking the flashlight back to normal and seeing her start running again, and then stop when it focused on her again she disappeared. 

Now that I know how to deal with her she shouldn't be too difficult. Turning around and watching Slender pop up in front of me, I ran off towards the other side of the mine to look for generators, finding a few more over there I circled back around and was able to get the ones that I needed left. Getting to the lift I was able to get over to it and turn it on, watching Kate come around the corner I could hear the thumping of my heart in my chest as I clicked the flashlight at her to get her to stop moving. Once the lift started moving, I got off of it and into another loading screen. 

Rewritten 6/17/2021