The Meeting

(y/n)'s POV 

The night I had gotten home from the hospital, all I did was go to my room and wait until it was late. That way I would be able to sneak out and go to the woods by the school. At least that was what the figure had told me to do. His words had repeated in my head as I laid in my bed. Looking at the wall as I was lost in thought, I pulled my blankets closer. 

Glancing over towards the clock on my nightstand, I saw that it was almost 3 in the morning. Getting up slowly from my warm bed, I walked over towards my closet and opened it slowly. Grabbing everything that I needed I got dressed and made my way down the stairs. Taking my phone and headphones with me as well as my backpack that had water and a few snacks. 

Walking out of my house and down the street as I watched a few cars go by me on the street. Putting in my headphones and turning the corner as I headed towards the school, I glanced around as I walked, holding the straps to my backpack tightly. 

I had never been outside like this, but everything's changed. My whole world was thrown upside down and now here I am going to meet a random person who says he knows the answers to everything that has happened to me. Something inside of me was screaming that I shouldn't go to the woods especially at this time, if ever. But there was another part of me that was making me walk towards it. Inner curiosity or the need to throw caution to the wind. 

Reaching the school I walked around it and stopped as I saw the small patch of woods that was illuminated by the moon that hang above it. Looking at it for a moment, I started walking again. Making my way across the field that sat behind the school, I got to the edge of the woods. Feeling the hair on body stand on end, I shivered a little. Taking my headphones off I stepped inside, hearing the leaves crunch under my shoes. 

Once I had gotten to the middle of the small woods patch I looked around. He said he would appear after I had gotten here, and here I am. Rubbing my hands against my arms as I felt a chill I glanced around. 

"You've arrived" I heard as I jumped and turned around. 

"Who are you?" I asked as I saw nothing behind me. Hearing the voice again to my side, I flicked my head in that direction to try and see who or what it was. 

"I will reveal myself to you when it is time. For now, there are some other questions for me to answer put to rest." 

Crossing my arms as I stood there I gave a small huff. "Fine, how about you start with my first question then." I said as I glanced around for a moment. "What happened to Ash?" 

There was a small pause before the voice spoke again. "She was a minor causualty that I could not ignore. After she had known of my existence she planned to tell you, and I could not let that happen." 

I felt my blood boil and my fists clenched. My nails dug into my palms as I squeezed. "What do you mean, a minor casualty?!" I screamed. I didn't care if it was almost 5 in the morning and the sun was supposed to be rising soon.  I demanded answers. 

"She was my best friend! What secret did she know that you had to kill her for?" my eyes darted around as I tried to see who it was. Nothing coming to my sight besides, leaves, fallen logs, and trees. 

"Now now (y/n), there's no need to get all riled up. I know someone has big plans for you. Though if you must know, she did go out begging me not to hurt you, and to a certain extent, you will not be harmed." 

Gritting my teeth as I listened to his words. What was he talking about? Who was the other part of the 'we' that he spoke of? 

"Before I give away more than I have been told to, come back in three days, then you may know who I really am. Farwell for now." 

With that there was a small wind that blew. Turning around to see nothing and the sun starting to peek out above the school, I sighed gently. A small tear running own my cheek. "I'm sorry Ash, that this happened to you. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we wouldn't have met. Though I can't say I'd be the same person without you." 

Turning back around as I wiped my face, I started walking back home. Hopefully getting there before my Mom was awake for work. I could sneak back into my bed, and then look like I was home asleep the whole time. I hate keeping things from her, but if Ash knew something that got her killed, then I can't let the same thing happen to my Mom or my brother. 

I wonder who spoke with you in the woods? Any guesses?