Here we go

(Y/n)'s POV 

Waking up on the ground, I was staring at the dusky sky. How long was I out for? Looking around as I stood up, hearing the glass fall off of me and hit the ground around me. Brushing myself off as I looked around to find where my flashlight had gone. Finding it flicking towards the left a little I stepped over to it and picked it up. 

Smacking it against my hand a little it came back to life and held it so I could see around me a little more.  Remembering what I was supposed to be doing, a friend of the character I'm playing, Kate is missing. I was walking around the house and Slender threw me out the window. I'm willing to bet he did something with the missing girl. Walking towards the woods as I decided to head towards the radio tower. 

Getting to a beach. I started walking around the beach as I looked around for something. Reaching a tent that was on the edge of the shore, I walked over to it to find a note with scribbled trees on it. Picking it up, I followed the path next to it towards a wooden tower and found another one on that. Turning as the thumping of the distant drums got a little louder, I walked along the path as the familiar static feeling came back. Looking around I found Slender standing over in the tree line. Watching me. 

Heading down another path in what felt like a giant circle there was another note on a car and that marked the three of the eight. About half way there and he was getting a little closer than comfortable. Seeing something in the distance, there was a bunch of storage containers and barrels around. Running around those there was one there as well. Grabbing that I started moving towards the next one there was a note on another car. 

Pulling it off the passenger window, it marked that as the fifth one. With only three left i was able to hear more noises and saw something white in the woods. Avoiding that, I made my way towards the water tower and watched as Slender popped up right in front of me as I was walking towards it. Hitting the ground and scrambling away from him for a moment, I ran off in a different direction and looking back now and then he was following me. Looking around where I was at I was in the middle of the woods. Finding a light in the distance I ran to it and there was a note on a map sign. 

Heading back towards the water tower, I ran for the note there, before I made my way back over to find the last and final note in the building. Running to the building I felt the static making my head fuzzy as I got towards the building. There was lockers around the rooms, and a large bathroom with a few stalls. Not finding the note in any of those spots, I ran around the corner and was able to find it behind a desk. Getting out of the building as I tried my best to catch my breath I turned the corner and heard the buzzing of the static again as it got difficult to keep my eyes open. 

Slender was in front of me and I watched as a cutscene started and my character was running from the tall being. The word that was loading came up in the bottom of my screen and I woke up on the ground with some tall grass around me. Sitting up I found my flashlight in my hand, I looked around and noticed it was still a little dusky. I guess I had slept through the day after I got away from Slender. How I managed to do that was behind me. 

Getting up and putting the flashlight in my pocket I wandered around came across a small building. Walking up the stairs I tried the door to find it was locked. Looking around there was a piece of paper on a barrel. Reading it quickly, someone by the name of CR was leaving these, I think these were for Kate. Walking off as I put the paper in my pocket, I walked around to see what else there was in the area. 

Hearing something in the bushes near me, my ears perked up and I turned to see what it was. Not watching anything move around I found a path that ended up leading towards a big hole in the side of the mountain. Walking towards the small buildings next to it there was another note, I picked it up and added it to my ever growing condition. 

Looking at the giant hole that went into the mountain. A note said this was shut down and it was owned by a mining facility. I would have to walk into there to find out what else there was to find. Noting that my game did save before I got up to this point, when I had gotten away from Slender after taking his drawings. Going to the main menu for the game I decided that I would get something to eat and take a small break before continuing on the next chapter. 

Putting my headphones down and getting up, I made my way down the stairs and saw the time. I had been playing for a couple of hours at this point. Feeling my heart still pounding a little from the anxiety this game had been giving me, it was a little odd that it still remained even after I had gotten off for a bit. Pulling my phone from my pocket, I checked it's notifications before texting Ash. 

Hey girl, just got on my first break after playing for a bit. Everyone was right about this game, it's pretty good so far. I've already gotten some story and from my understanding of the notes, there was some crazy shit that went down. Very interesting! 

Bring my phone with me as I had gotten something to snack on and went to the bathroom, I went back up the stairs and plugged my phone in as I set it on my desk and put the plate with it. Grabbing my headphones, I felt the nerves build a little as I was getting ready to dive in for more. 

~

Rewritten on 6/17/2021