Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been eight months since everything went down with Jeremy and now I am finally safe. There is no one after me anymore and I am finally free. I still stay in the touch with Malinda and her relationship is going well with Damon. They are getting married next year and she wants me to be her maid of honor. 

After Jace and I got back, we had a small celebration and I am happy to say that I am now Danielle Brook-Silver. I wanted to hyphenate my last name, because I wanted to carry on my dad's name and Jace was happy to let me do it.

Everything has been going well since we returned and my relationship with Jace has been amazing. For our honeymoon we went to Orange Beach and when we got there everything was fixed to its original glory. We spent two wonderful weeks enjoying the sun and all the sites the gulf coast offers. Luckily South Alabama stays good and hot until late October so we were able to enjoy the weather.

The only bad thing about coming home was having Alexis chew me out for running, but I didn't care; I was happy to see her and the twins. It felt like years since I last seen them.

Also I am happy to say that Uncle Joe and Grandma have a budding relationship and they like each other. Nothing serious, because Grandma said she will never marry again, but they are both living at the cottage so you never know what might happen.

Lying in bed, I feel Jace's arms around my waist and I can't wait to tell him the news, but I have to wait until the party this afternoon. We are having different Alphas and their mates coming over from all the pack to celebrate the peace we have developed in the United States. The fall of Jeremy Lucas was welcome by everyone and since then there has been no bloodshed of any kind. The other reason we are having a party is because it's Jace 26th birthday today.

Smiling to myself, I try to slide out of bed without waking Jace, but I failed miserable. He gently flips me on my back and nuzzles his face into my neck and trails kiss along my collarbone.

"Good morning sweetheart, you weren't trying to leave me now were you?" He asks in a husky tone, which turned me on.

Smiling at him, I reply, "The guest will here soon and I promised Alexis I would help cooking so if you want to do something, better do it quickly honey."

"I love how you get to the point, very sexy." Jace replies before we are pulled into our own little world.

Finally after we are done, we both get dressed and head downstairs. Jace goes out to start the grill and I go in to the kitchen to help Alexis. 

"Bout time girl, I was wondering when you would get in here?" Alexis says in a playful voice as she pulls the mac n' cheese from the oven.

Smiling, I reply in the same tone, "Well you brother won't let out of bed before..."

"Finish that sentence or I swear I’ll start another food fight. There is only so much I can take of Jace's sex life!" Shouts out making me laugh.

"So did you get the cake?" I ask excitedly.

Looking out the window, she replies. "Yes, I got the cake and I am the only who knows so we have to make sure to keep it cover until later. This is going to be the best birthday ever for him!"

Smiling brightly, I get to work with the food and before I know it people are getting here. Putting everything on the table outside; I secretly watch Jace talking to Erik and Uncle Joe.

"Would you like a beer darling?" Ask Grandma and I nicely decline.

Looking at me funny, she shrugs her shoulders and goes to get her a drink. After a while the party is full swing and I am glad to see Malinda. She catches me up on the wedding plan and all that has happen. I am truly happy to see her finally happy.

I make my way to Jace and once I am beside him, he says, "I like to thank everyone for coming. The last few months have been very peaceful with our packs and I feel that this will continue. Also I like to thank those who helped me get my mate back. I can honestly say this has been the best birthday for me. So eat, drink, and enjoy yourselves today."

Everyone claps and I can't help, but be proud of my man. Smiling up at him, I lean into him and he quickly hugs me. I love how he will kiss or hug me around others, not caring who sees. 

Alexis clears her throat and says, "I think it is time for cake."

"You guys didn't have to get me a cake." Jace whines.

Smiling I reply sweetly, "It's your birthday and I have a feeling you are going to like this cake. Now go sit down and I'll get the cake."

I turn and leave before he can protest any further. I get the cake out and place some candles around and I light them before making my way back outside. Everyone is around Jace and when the see me they began singing Happy Birthday. I laugh when I see Jace sitting there awkwardly not knowing what to do with himself.

I am happy that there is no one around me so they can't see the cake and when I set the cake down in front of Jace, I stand back and wait for his reaction.

On the cake in yellow and green icing it says, 'Happy Birthday Jace and By The Way, I'm Pregnant!'

I watch as Jace jumps up and runs towards me before lifting me and spins me around in the air laughing. At that point everyone has seen the cake and are clapping and whooping and howling with joy.

"I'm going to be a dad and you're going to be a mom! Oh God, I can't believe this, we're parents." Jace shouts out with a huge grin on his face.

Smiling at him, I wrap arms around his neck and say, "Yes you are and you're going to be a great father."

"And you are going to be a great mother." Jace whispers and kisses me tenderly.

"Move over boy, so we can share the love!" Uncle Joe yells as he playful pushes Jace out of the way and engulfs me into a hugs.

Grandma comes over and says as she hugs me, "I'm going to a Great Grandma! I'm going to spoil that child to death and no one will stop me!" 

For the rest of the day, everyone came up and congratulated us and wished us the best. I was exhausted, but I was content with everything. I never thought I would be married with a wonderful man and pregnant with my first child.

Jace comes over to where I was standing and pulls me into chest while wrapping his arms around me and places his hands on my stomach.

"I can't believe there is a little being in there. If it is a girl, I am going to chase off every boy that goes near her." Jace says seriously.

Smiling I place my hands on his hands and reply, "You will do no such thing. Plus it could be a boy."

"Yeah, it could be, but I'll be happy with a boy or girl; as long as they are healthy.” He answers with a smile before asking, “So tell me sweetheart, are you happy?"

"I used to think that being an Elemental with my gift was a curse. That I would never find happiness after my parents’ death, but somehow fate brought has together. I never thought I could be this happy, but I am. I'm happy to be here with you, I'm happy that I now have a family again, and I'm happy that I am going to be the mother to your child." I answer after I turned to look at him.

Jace pulls me into a hug and kisses me deeply. I sighing happily and lay my head on his chest. So much as happen to me over the years and I finally see that I am blessed with a curse.