Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty 

                Danni’s POV

Ok so this is weird, I am sitting on the park bench where I first met the little girl that changed my life. So I am either dead or in a dreamlike state. Let’s weigh this out, on one hand if I am dead; I am away from Jeremy, I can see my parents, and I will never feel physical pain ever again. Those are all nice thoughts, but on the other hand; I won’t be able to see Jace; I won’t be able to see Alexis, Erik, Grandma, Uncle Joe, and the twins; and finally I won’t able to grow old with my man and  accomplish all the things I wanted in my life. Deep down I know that being dead is not what I really want, so I must be dreaming or something.

Looking around I don’t see anyone, there is only white fog. When I look down next to me I see a white daisy laying there. I take it swiftly into my hands and trace each petal. It has been years since I have seen that little girl and I wonder if she is alright. She should be ten or eleven now and last I heard the cancer hasn't come back.

“It’s nice to finally see again Danni.” Say a woman I have never seen before as she sits down.

I search her face trying to remember her, but nothing comes to mind. I clear my throat and say, “Well I wish I knew where we met, but I just don’t remember you, I'm sorry.”

Smiling sadly, she tells me, “The last time I seen you, you were laying on this bench in dirty clothes and there was no hope in your eyes. Also I gave you that daisy.”

“But you were a little girl then and now you look at thirty, what happen?” I question her as I take her in again. She has straight blonde hair that comes to her shoulders and beautiful hazel eyes with flecks of gold. Her skin is ivory snow and there is a speckle of freckles on her nose. Overall she has a very classic look and is very pretty.

“You see when someone dies at any age, they go to the age they looked or would have looked the best. That age is early thirties usually. So I died at the age of ten, when I went to heaven I become thirty. I know it’s crazy, but would hate to spend eternity as a sickly ten year old girl.” She answers in a humble tone.

Nodding my head I say, “I thought you got better, I thought they stopped the cancer. It's not fair that you died, you deserved to live.”

“Sometimes life isn't fair, but hey what can you do. I was seven when you came into my life and thank you for the money you gave my family, that really helped them after I died. That was one of the first things I found out when I passed. For a while I was good and everything was going right, but towards the age of nine it came back stronger and I was just tired of fighting. I died right after my tenth birthday.” She tells me.

I feel tears forming in my eye. Shaking them away, I ask, “It’s sad that I don’t even know your name, I have thought of you all these years and I still don't know your name. God I suck.”

“My name is Laney and Danni you are a wonderful person. You always think of others and you do everything possible to protect them. The people in heaven really admire you and your strength. ” She quietly replies.

“So am I dead too or is this some self-reflection on my life?” I ask softly.

Taking my hands into hers, Laney replies, “I don’t know what to call it, but you are not dead. You have to know that you have to fight. I have been watching and Jeremy is cold and heartless. He will try to break you and you have to fight against it. He knows that you can change everything he has ever worked for and if you let him win it will be bad. His pack fears him and they will do what they are told, even when it goes against their morals. Please don’t let him win; it will destroy many if you do.”

“Is Jace and everyone ok, since I left?” I whisper.

Smiling at me as she replies, “He has not stopped looking for you and I hate to say that he arrived at you beach house an hour after Jeremy took you. Don’t worriy, there are many people on his side and he will come for you. Don’t give up; he loves you more than all the stars in the universe.”

“I’ll try.” I say as she gets up.

Looking down at me with sad eyes, she says, “It is time for you to go. Remember to fight, fight for you and all those who are around you; also you are stronger than you think after all you are the most powerful Elemental in the world. You can’t let Jeremy win, it could destroy everything. Good luck and your parents love you. They are always watching over you.”

Laney walks away from me and I try to stop her, but she disappears into the fog. I feel my body pull back to some unknown room. I am laying on my side and my whole body aches. Looking around it is dark and the room is empty. Everything is in dark browns and blacks; two colors that should never be paired together.

Shifting to my back, I see that my wrist and ankles are bound with bracelets. Right away I know that they contain zinc and lead which takes all my energy so I can’t use my elements. Crap, crap, and triple crap; I have to stay focus and tough.

I sit up and I feel the room spin. I instantly put one foot on the ground to stop it. It's a thing I learned after I went on a drinking binge a couple of years ago and it really works; got to love alcoholic hobos, they know all the little tricks. I gulp down the bile in the back of my throat and gain my bearings. 

All of a sudden the door opens and I stiffen as a man, who I assume is Jeremy, walks in at a leisure pace. As he gets closer I can see his face. It’s sad to say he is handsome, but Jace is better looking. He is tall, almost the same height as Jace; maybe an inch shorter. His hair is coral black and is messed up like he has been running his hands through it. His eyes are a bright brilliant blue and the color is nice, but they are so icy and empty. There is no warmth in them versus Jace’s, his eyes are steel grey, but are filled with affection and happiness.

I stay still as the man looks me over as he approaches me and I try not to flinch when he reaches out and takes one of the curls that escaped from my bun. I failed big time, which I mentally scorn myself for being afraid. A smile spreads on his lips and it doesn’t meet his dead eyes. With that he turns around strolls back to the door and says in a cold tone, “Welcome to your new home, Danielle.”

Before I can tell him to go eat shit and die, he is gone and locks the door, leaving me in extreme wonder. Yep that is Jeremy and he is a big asshole and I have my work cut out for me. Quadruple Crap.

                Jace’s POV

Erik and I make our way to the edge of Jeremy’s territory to scope it out. So far the plan is to get every Elemental that Gretchen knows, which is actually a lot, and have them surround the house and block every escape route. Then we have the neighboring packs, who want to destroy Jeremy, coming in every direction to ambush the house and any wolf or man they see as a threat. Luckily there are quite a few people in Jeremy’s pack who want to stop him and have a new Alpha so before we act; they are going to draw him away from Danni.

It is a risky plan, but we have to hit hard and stop him before he puts his into action. Of course we have to wait three days before attacking. If it was up to me I would go in guns blazing right now, but we have to gather everyone and make Jeremy think that I am not coming.

I shut my eyes and try to calm my wolf, who is getting aggravated; knowing that vile fuck has our mate makes me sick. I am afraid that he will hurt her, Jeremy is known for losing his temper and it can be deadly. I swear if he lays a finger on her in anyway, I will rip him limb from limb and feed his body to the crocodiles in the swamp. Hell if he even looks at her wrong, I will kill him and I will do it slowly so he can suffer like everyone else he has caused pain to through the years. Jeremy Lucas has been a plague to the werewolf society and it is time for him to be stopped. 

Before we leave, I look in the direction where Jeremy’s house is and I can scene Danni there. She is so close, but I have to be patient. I jump in the SUV and head twenty miles to the crappy motel we are staying at and wait until R.D Day, Recover Danni Day.