Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve 

        Danni’s POV

It has been a week since Luke attacked me and still no word on where he is. I know that he is probably not in the area, but Jace has been on high alert and it is really annoying. I can’t go outside by myself and I can’t go into town at all. With being an Elemental, I need to be outside and if I have to stay inside and watch another episode of Teen Mom with Alexis I will stab someone in the neck with a spork.

Jace has been working unstop trying to locate Luke and I am feeling a little neglected. I know he is still pissed about what happen and feels like it is his fault, but he needs to relax some. The whole energy in the house has changed. I think everyone is in shock that Luke would try to harm me and that everyone trusted him. From what I heard he was quiet, but helped others pretty often which confuses me greatly. I wasn’t mean or rude towards him. I barely said twenty words to him.

I walk into the kitchen and see Alexis and the twins making cookies. So far they are my main source of entertainment. Watching how Alexis and the boys interact makes me long for my own family. Part of me wants kids so badly, but there is a small part of me that worries. What would happen if someone comes after me or my children because of what I am? It’s dangerous, is it worth it to put my family through hell?

“Mommy can we go out and play?” asks Kendall with a huge pleading smile.

Alexis shakes her head and answers, “Go ask your father.”

With that both boys sprint of to find their dad. They were in the same boat with me. Erik won’t let them out with unless him or Jace is there to watch over them. Sighing as I jump up to help Alexis with the cookies, I wish I could go out too, but I don’t feel like getting into it with Jace. I have to pick my battles with him.

“So I guess you are going crazy being inside all the time,” Alexis asks in a soft tone.

Shaking my head, I reply, “I know Jace wants me safe, but I feel like a caged animal. I’m Elemental I need nature. I am literally going crazy in this house. There is only so much reality shows I can watch with having the need to shoot myself.”

Laughing, Alexis turns to me and says, “Well I guess we have to give him a reason to let you go out.”

“Well if you have an idea please—” was all I could say before she throws a handful of flour at my face.

I stood there for a second before it dawn on me what she was doing. Maybe causing a mess will influence Jace to let me out, either way I need an outlet and I guess this will help.

With that I grab the whole bowl of cookie batter and fling it at Alexis. She tries to dodge, but she is hit square on the chest with it dripping down her shirt. We are laughing and screaming trying to be quick and swift, but it's pure chaos and mayhem. Once we ran out of the flour and batter we went to anything we could find. Alexis grabbed chocolate syrup and I pulled on the water facet and began spraying her while she chucking syrup at me.

We were so focus on our battle that we didn’t notice that Jace and Erik were in the doorway watching. After a few minutes Jace clears his throat and I could see the laughter in his eyes as he was trying to control himself. Erik was doing the same.

Alexis and I turned to look at them as we say at the time, “It’s her fault.”

That was all it took to make Jace burst out laughing. Every time he would look at us he would start laughing again. Erik was doing better, but you could see the humor in his eyes. At the moment the twins run in and take in the state of the kitchen and their mother and I.